EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Medal for Dalajlama

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Medal for Dalajlama

Postby LadyMacbeth » Thu Oct 18, 2007 8:53 am

Hello :)

Dalajlama got a medal yesterday. I watched whole ceremony. He had a helper to read the text properly. How nice. I wonder how old is he. He came to monastery when he was 4. A little kid.

He is a piece of news... :roll:
Dalajlama got a medal in US

PS. How much do they pay for such US medals? :roll:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:46 am

DalaI Lama is his title, not Dalajlama. And what award from the US? Is it the Noble Peace Prize he won long time ago they're mentioning here? I know he visited the White House because baby Bush invited him. It was more of a dinner invitation than an official meeting between two leaders since Bush's Ad. didn't wanna upset China, a big whiny baby. :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Oct 19, 2007 12:52 am

Never mind, got my answer at another site. This medal, right?
Dalai Lama's metal
MissLT
Ethereal Member

hmmm...

Postby LadyMacbeth » Sun Oct 21, 2007 9:39 pm

I know he visited the White House because baby Bush invited him. It was more of a dinner invitation than an official meeting between two leaders since Bush's Ad. didn't wanna upset China, a big whiny baby.

I would like to know who paid for his trip to US? US?
I hope so :roll:

Well... somehow still I think Bush isn't any baby.
US simply cares about economy.
By the way - are we allowed to write here about...economy? Or rather not... :roll:
And about future? US cares about their future.
Other nations are much more carefree... well, they can afford it, I guess... :roll:

LM
LadyMacbeth
Rough Diamond Member

Re: hmmm...

Postby wllsp » Wed Dec 26, 2007 4:11 pm

LadyMacbeth wrote:I would like to know who paid for his trip to US? US?
I hope so :roll:
LM

Interestingly, first I thought that LM was not really serious about it and it was sort of a joke. Then I opened Wikipedia and read about Tibet Autonomous Region. Surprisingly I knew the following piece of news.

Wikipedia wrote:The New York Times reported on October 2, 1998 that the Dalai Lama's administration acknowledged that it received $1.7 million a year in the 1960s from the CIA, but denied reports that the Tibetan leader benefited personally from an annual subsidy of $180,000.

So, maybe he still has some funding from the US.
wllsp
Gold Member

Return to Current News