What do you think about Russia?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

HamsterJedi

What do you think about Russia?

Post by HamsterJedi »

Hi, everyone!

I'm live in Russia, and want to know: What do you think about this country? About peoples? Sities? and other....

(If you found an errors, I'm sory for my "very good" English :oops: )
borucahcm

Hello!!

Post by borucahcm »

Hi!! :lol:
For my country Russia is a very interesting and I would like to visit it someday.
I live in Costa Rica.I would like to know about the culture of their country. We need to do much homework help. (Please) :cry:

Thanks! ! !
Rui
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by Rui »

thats interesting because you are not the first russina that comes here to ask our opinion about your country, my point is that it could happend with some other country, but not... it happens to be with russia :D im wondering if russians are concerned with foreign idea of their country.
But answering your question my idea is that russia must be a nice country to visit and special if not only the major cities, i bet that with the huge dimension of the country we can have the chance of finding wonderful places, to be honest with you i have no idea of what is russia besides Moscow, thats why i would like to hear more from you, telling us about the nicest places to visit in your country :wink:
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: What do you think about Russia?

Post by wllsp »

HamsterJedi wrote:Hi, everyone!

I'm live in Russia, and want to know: What do you think about this country? About peoples? Sities? and other....
In my opinion Russia is a good county :). However real estate is too expensive in lots of cities and traffic jams are awful and seems like there is no solution to this problem.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Oriani »

I have never been to Russia, so I cannot give an opinion with a solid base, but I can tell that it calls my attention the fact that is the biggest country in the world...!!! I can't imagine myself in a tour around Russia!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

Oriani wrote:I have never been to Russia, so I cannot give an opinion with a solid base, but I can tell that it calls my attention the fact that is the biggest country in the world...!!! I can't imagine myself in a tour around Russia!!! :wink: :wink: :wink:
It's quite understandable. Lots of people at first visit Saint-Petersburg and Moscow as there are plenty of things related to history of Russia.
BenM

Post by BenM »

I don't know why when I first hear about Russia I have this picture in mind of ice and snow and freezing temperature all the time, I hope It's not like that though
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

BenM wrote:I don't know why when I first hear about Russia I have this picture in mind of ice and snow and freezing temperature all the time, I hope It's not like that though
Siberia which is a big part of Russia has this type of weather for a half of a year or even longer in the northen parts of it.

I remember an interview with a Czech football player who signed a contract with a football club from Siberia. He acknowledged that before arriving in Russia he had believed that it was always cold in Siberia. Having played one season he changed his opinion.
denvinbo
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by denvinbo »

This place is very suitable to learn....and new like style.......... :D :D
homeratu

Post by homeratu »

I think that Russia is a very nice place, i would like go to Russia because snow a lot in several places, I like winter so much, I hope that one day I've the chance to visit it.
What else I need to learn about Russia? :P
rcernar

Post by rcernar »

Hi mi name is Rocio Roxana! ...In my personal opinion, Russia is one of the countries most organized and impressive where I have been with the amazing Red Square and Kremlin Museum.

Wonderful! That's only what i can said.

Bye
FireLotus

Post by FireLotus »

Russia...my mum is Russian,but now I live in another country,I haven't been in Russia for 5 years...I miss it SO MUCH!!!I think this is a country with great climate and nature,there's so much to visit and so much to learn...That's my opinion about Russia. :D
~While there's life,there's hope~
IrinaKhizh

Post by IrinaKhizh »

:? :) Yea, that is the question. WHY do we, Russians, feel SO concerned about foreigners opinion about Russia?? :)
Anyway, it was nice to read that the opinion about Russia is good on the whole :)
FireLotus

Post by FireLotus »

many people also say that the most attractive thing about Russia is Russian people's character. They are very simple to understand,they don't need much and they are also very easy going. I don't know if it is true;but many people say so. :D
IrinaKhizh wrote::? :) Yea, that is the question. WHY do we, Russians, feel SO concerned about foreigners opinion about Russia?? :)
Anyway, it was nice to read that the opinion about Russia is good on the whole :)
i am not sure if this is only Russians'...
~While there's life,there's hope~
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

FireLotus wrote:many people also say that the most attractive thing about Russia is Russian people's character. They are very simple to understand,they don't need much and they are also very easy going. I don't know if it is true;but many people say so. :D
hehehe, not very praising, right, fellows? I mean quite simple and having no many requirments to be happy with

and what about a deep Russian soul all foreigners are so concerned about? :D I feel deprived
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

FireLotus wrote:many people also say that the most attractive thing about Russia is Russian people's character. They are very simple to understand,they don't need much and they are also very easy going. :D
Incredible stuff ... Can't believe it is all about us :)!
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

I have never been in Russia but I`d like cuz I like 2 travel.I know that Russia is a very cold country. :~: :~:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
VAnastasiAV

Post by VAnastasiAV »

Hello!
I live in the south of Russia, and the weather here is toooooo hot now. And winter is rainy and messy. So, Russia has different kinds of climate :-D
anzal

Post by anzal »

I'm from Costa Rica. I have never been in Russia, But some friends visited last year and they told me that the people was so friendly and they want to go agian. They had a nice expirience!!!
Vittoria

Post by Vittoria »

I'm not sure but many people said that Russia is the one of dangerous places in the world. There are many terrorists and frouds. However, some cities are very beautiful. ISN'T IT?
henguru

Post by henguru »

Vittoria wrote:I'm not sure but many people said that Russia is the one of dangerous places in the world. There are many terrorists and frouds. However, some cities are very beautiful. ISN'T IT?
Yes, Russia is good for suicide!
Angry government, hungry people...
Tora
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tora »

henguru wrote:
Vittoria wrote:I'm not sure but many people said that Russia is the one of dangerous places in the world. There are many terrorists and frouds. However, some cities are very beautiful. ISN'T IT?
Yes, Russia is good for suicide!
Angry government, hungry people...
Are you a Russian citizen?