EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The assassination of Benazir Bhutto

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

The assassination of Benazir Bhutto

Postby zaman » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:32 pm

Who is the beneficiary of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto death of former Prime Minister of Pakistan
zaman
Gold Member

Re: The assassination of Benazir Bhutto

Postby southrnpride » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:25 am

I was devastated to hear that she'd been killed. The only person who benefits from her death is the current Pakistani leader.

She was such a brave woman; she never hid even though she knew she might be killed.
I just pray that the elections will go as planned because if Musharraf postpones the elections there might be civil war.
I think all women should learn from her example. She stood up for what was right, even in the face of death, and she was not afraid and did not let those who opposed her take away her spirit and her love for her people.

You can't help but sigh when you think back to when you were a child and things were simpler, not as close. Women weren't being shot and people weren't being blown up. What is this world coming to?
southrnpride
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Fri Dec 28, 2007 2:43 am

In Venezuela people talk about that!!! It caused a big impact!!! At least in my city everybody is talking about her... It is corious that people is interested in others when they die :?
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby sweets » Fri Dec 28, 2007 1:06 pm

well,
i think that the prisedent himself is responsible for the assassination,if we look the the policatcal situation i think there a link :?:

what do u think :|
دخلت حياتي كنسمة وخرجت منها كإعصار
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 28, 2007 5:34 pm

Oriani wrote: It is curious that people is interested in others when they die :?

Indeed :!:

I had no idea who she was, and nevertheless I've heard her name a million times today. May she rest in peace.
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Tora » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:17 pm

Oriani wrote:In Venezuela people talk about that!!! It caused a big impact!!! At least in my city everybody is talking about her... It is corious that people is interested in others when they die :?

Well, actually I was shocked but it was predictable after a fertile attempt of assasination some time ago. Even my Mother - a person who keeps far from politics, was shocked when I told her the news as she remembers Bhutto since she [Bhutto] was young.
I'm not sure if here the impact is very strong, it's New Year's Eve and people pay attention only to discounts and sales... but there is loads of information, no analytics, just about the murder and about Bhutto's life.
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Romantic » Fri Dec 28, 2007 7:20 pm

Romantic
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Sat Dec 29, 2007 1:48 am

Yes. May she rest in piece. Someone had to do her job and she did!! and yes, Tora, some time ago she was attempted to assasination, but, you know... Even it was announced is still shocking... Well.. it would happen someday...Unfortunately for her and for other people who followed her.
Oriani

Postby jrkp » Sat Dec 29, 2007 5:33 am

First at all, I´m so sorry to hear that a human being is assassinated in that way.. :( :( . No one deserves to die in such a cruel way. I know this words just may be dust in the wind, but I´d like to use this forum to express my condolences to the family and her followers for such a irreparable lost, and I hope that the responsables of this atrocity will be caught soon and put in jail right away...

zaman wrote:Who is the beneficiary of Pakistan Benazir Bhutto death of former Prime Minister of Pakistan

It´s difficult to say. As far as I know, she had many enemies that wanted her dead, so I must confess that, to me, the assassination was " A chronicle of a foretell dead"... In my humble opinion, there are two suspect: The first one would be the Pakistani military establishment, which is pretty involve in the polical life of the country. So, If she had been elected as a prime minister, she could have become in a obstacle for what they think is the best for the country, I mean, for them, it was very unconfortable to have as a prime minister someone who didn´t share their point of view. And the second suspect would be the islamic extremist, which will never accept the fact that a woman could hold the power in a islamic country..

southrnpride wrote:I was devastated to hear that she'd been killed. The only person who benefits from her death is the current Pakistani leader.

I don´t think so... You see, Musharraff's regime is very weak, that´s the reason why he called her, to bring some stability to the country after he decided to declare the emergency state... So, It was very inconvinient for him that something happened to her, because he would be the first suspect.. I don´t think he is that stupid.. but who knows?
jrkp
Gold Member

Postby Krisi » Sat Dec 29, 2007 7:17 am

I couldn't belive it! :shock:
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Current News