EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Mozilla Firefox Plugin | Spell-checking

Everything IT: computers, software, internet

Moderators: Vega, Dixie

Mozilla Firefox Plugin | Spell-checking

Postby Vega » Thu Feb 14, 2008 10:20 am

Hi. There is a good plug-in for those who use Mozilla Firefox. It checks the words you type in the browser for mistakes and offers available amendments, so you don't have to bother yourself looking up in a dictionary in order to prevent mistakes. However, I wouldn't advise it for lame ESL learners like me, because you will get used to it and when you're at another desktop and has no dictionaries nearby, you have difficulties.

In brief, you can download it from here: https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/browse/type:3
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Re: Mozilla Firefox Plugin | Spell-checking

Postby Hardi » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:34 am

Well you're right. These spelling tools aren't ideal to lame ESL learners (me). I'm using one by my self. It's good to prevent typos, but. It's not able to make different if I meant to type "try" or "dry".. I still haven't memorized which one is which.. I also often type witch instead of which.. it's really hard to remember such things to me.. Well I don't type at leas pig instead of big anymore.. but there's so many words I don't remember.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Mozilla Firefox Plugin | Spell-checking

Postby Vega » Thu Feb 14, 2008 11:44 am

To me it is difficult to type words like: consequences, circumstances, etc. Without that plug-in, I forget some letters in the words: c, ue, etc.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Return to Information Technology