EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Secrets of Success

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby nadiaSV » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:06 pm

Success is made of many many smaller ones- such as many little steps on a path. For me success is when I see the smile of someone smilling at me, when i realise I didn't do something bad just few minutes ago, when i can close my eyes and all I see is soft, smiling light inside of me, when i see the thankfulness in someone's eyes, that I have just helped, the feelling of satisfaction after a well- done job, the feeling when u realise that u have just understood something new in life, something which pushes u one step ahaid, the feeling when u know u are always on one step to your dreams, the fact that this morning I woke up with smile on my face and love in my heart, success is when I can rely on someone, when someone grabs my hand and smile at me. Success is when one day when u are old u can sit on a chair turn back to your life and say: I could live it once again the same.
nadiaSV

Re: Secrets of Success

Postby shokin » Wed Mar 19, 2008 5:54 pm

You are the only judge of your success.

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Postby emilykorea » Wed Jun 25, 2008 1:24 pm

anyone here who have read The Secret?
emilykorea
Silver Member

Postby peter_she » Sat Jun 28, 2008 1:15 am

What you can succeed in your career life is to do the best that you possiblly can do!!!
"Love in Beauty,Truth,Goodness;Live 2b Just,Fair, open"http://l2learners.blog.edu.cn
peter_she

Postby Krisi » Sun Jun 29, 2008 1:46 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?

Yes. For me the work is more rewarding if we like what we are doing... the good aura I think can be seen by others thru the outcome of our works...
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby andrescem » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:37 pm

Success is when you achieve all the things that you aim at, for eg. finishing university, getting the job you like and want, earning good money , having friends, a girl to love, staying healthy, thinking about having a great family. For working hard it´s neccesary for success , a bit of luck, a lot of optimism, and mainly happiness {-:
it´s important to be always prepeared to overcome the problems that can appear and learn from them ;-)
Good luck with you goals ;-)
andrescem

Postby andrescem » Fri Jul 04, 2008 12:39 pm

Success is when you achieve all the things that you aim at, for eg. finishing university, getting the job you like and want, earning good money , having friends, a girl to love, staying healthy, thinking about having a great family. For working hard it´s neccesary for success , a bit of luck, a lot of optimism, and mainly happiness {-:
it´s important to be always prepeared to overcome the problems that can appear and learn from them ;-)
Good luck with you goals ;-)
andrescem

Postby Seafarer » Sun Jul 20, 2008 10:38 pm

Talk less...and be busy with what u're doing...this is the success
Seafarer
Gold Member

Postby rehman » Mon Oct 06, 2008 11:14 am

TalkingPoint wrote:Bob Dylan said: "A man is a success if he gets up in the morning and gets to bed at night, and in between he does what he wants to do." To what extent do you agree with this definition?

i have strong faith that you will get that which is in your destiny...... hard working and edcuation are somehow useless things becuase man receives that Allah has written in his luck and destiny.......
rehman

Postby hanami » Tue Oct 07, 2008 4:24 pm

I am sorry for not reading through the topic with so many posts. In my own opinion, a success is one who has passion for what he does and understands what life is like. A success is realistic, patient and self-driven. I don't want to say it in such a simple way, but I think success has a price. Moreover, one can succeed in one or some aspects but he may be far behind in other aspects. To be successful is to focus most of your energy, creation on a certain thing. The most success may be who knows where and when to put his passion and attention as well as knows how to apply his skills and abilities effectively. And finally and surely, a success will do what he wants to do, if the saying is implied as "he dares to do what he wants to".
happiness is something you can't foretell
hanami
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion