The New Tallest Building in the World

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderator: EC

tron

Re: The New Tallest Building in the World

Post by tron »

A friend of mine has lift phobia, so he will have to gather courage if he wants to go to the 162th floor, in the case he ever has to go there. It's a bit of a childish thing to construct buildings so tall, what with earthquakes, terrorists and the like, but then humans are childish in many aspects.
wllsp
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by wllsp »

tron wrote:A friend of mine has lift phobia, so he will have to gather courage if he wants to go to the 162th floor, in the case he ever has to go there. It's a bit of a childish thing to construct buildings so tall, what with earthquakes, terrorists and the like, but then humans are childish in many aspects.
There have been already built lots of skyscrapes and it seems they do not have obvious problems.
tron

Post by tron »

mentarget wrote:
tron wrote:A friend of mine has lift phobia, so he will have to gather courage if he wants to go to the 162th floor, in the case he ever has to go there. It's a bit of a childish thing to construct buildings so tall, what with earthquakes, terrorists and the like, but then humans are childish in many aspects.
tron, you are right, some people will not like to go near the building. But constructing buildings as tall as this will help in years to come, that is if there is no much land space for construction of houses.

About natural disasters, the disigners did a good research before comensing that project, and this also applies to security.

We are not childish! Just technological developement. What do you think?
I think there should be a limit to edifices tallness, if this goes on the next millenium our descendants will be living above the clouds, with planes buzzing by in front of their windows.
It's maybe a measure of arrogance, like saying "I live so high that I am a god". However let's not irritate the crusty gods of Olympus, lest Zeus appears with searing lightning and severs the building at its base!. I for one prefer to live at level ground.