EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe fortune-telling?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Postby mkoo » Fri Feb 15, 2008 4:51 am

There are many kinds of fortune-telling that depend on crystal gazing,palmistry,
cartomancy,horoscope,animals,etc.
I like horoscope best!
It is popular in Japan.
I believe it because it often comes true.
mkoo

Re: Do you believe fortune-telling?

Postby tron » Fri Feb 29, 2008 3:48 pm

Actually, I don't believe in anything of that, and horoscopes are always very general so is difficult that they are wrong. They say things like : "Today you'll have a big surprise", which can be about everything. Also, the persons that practice crystal-gazing are great psychologists and more or less try to say things that will go well with the persons in front of them.
tron
Silver Member

Postby Zehra » Fri Mar 21, 2008 4:28 pm

I dont believe any of it.
Zehra
Silver Member

Postby Sunnypk » Sat Mar 22, 2008 10:33 pm

I don't believe too anymore
As you so, so shall you reap
Sunnypk
Platinum Member

Postby Krisi » Sun Mar 23, 2008 11:27 am

I don't know. If I have to believe in it or not?

Sometimes I'm wondering really how could it be!!!

Can they give a winning lottery number combinations? :P
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby Bambang » Mon Mar 24, 2008 5:52 pm

They should be called "unfortune teller".
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby illusion » Mon Mar 24, 2008 9:12 pm

when it comes to fortune telling, I have some contradictions... I mean on one hand I know that my religion doesn't allow believing in anything like that, and that the only person that should know the future is God, but on the other sometimes we all feel like we'd like to know what will happen or if something will be good for us or not. And maybe I try not to believe in these things but sometimes I actually do read horoscopes, but more for fun. I realise they're just some people's inventions. Anyway it reminds me of my mum. She's actually a little obsessed with reading about things like that. She keeps watching on telly this "Esoteric channel". I once watched with her and there was this one guy talking on the phone with people telling him about their problems. It was very sad to me especially when some of these women were in fact crying on the phone talking about how miserable their life has been, but the problem is, that in my opinion this guy never really comforted them in a way. He kept talking about some unimportant stuff, but there were no words of consolation at all. I just though these women were really helpless if they looked for help calling this kind of programme. Unless it wasn't all directed of course...
illusion
Rough Diamond Member

Postby FireLotus » Wed Apr 16, 2008 1:02 pm

I can only say that horoscopes are fun.I don't believe it,but sometimes we need something to make us feel better. For example,if last year we read that we will be succeed in something next year,we will try and do something great,because we are waiting for victory!But...of course,we should be careful about this,because not everything they say is true. :|
~While there's life,there's hope~
FireLotus

Postby Melek » Thu May 08, 2008 5:35 am

no,I don't believe in fortune-telling.or may be I believe.I dunno :) I don't prefer to be aware of my life beforehand.It will be uninteresting for me.But I sometimes check my day by daily horoscope,I admit it)))
Melek
Gold Member

Postby lauqb » Thu May 29, 2008 1:45 am

I really dont belive in fortune-telling very much. Í´m kind of sceptical obout this because people that dedicates to this sometimes they just want to obtained money from naive people. I also think that fortune is something that you create for yourself with your actions and you cannot expect to guide your life with something that another person tells you.....what do you think??????
lauqb

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions