EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Postby aprodianne » Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:41 am

Hello... I wonder whether some of the member of this forum have ever been to Indonesia before. If you have, where do you go in Indonesia? and how is your feeling about Indonesia?

Ok, me first.

Actually, I live in Jakarta (the capital of Indonesia). As a big city, Jakarta have a serious problem in traffic jam. We will experience the traffic jam wherever we go, even in the night we can get caught by the traffic jam, especially in weekend night. In weekdays, it's getting worst after office hours when all the people are on the way to their home after working. In spite of that, I love living in Jakarta. Everything we need, Jakarta have it :lol: There are a lot of big & modern shopping malls, restaurants, pubs, and other interesting place.

2008 is the year of VISIT INDONESIA. so, everybody... we are welcoming you to visit Indonesia.
aprodianne
Silver Member

Re: Anyone ever been to INDONESIA before?

Postby Rui » Sat Feb 23, 2008 11:49 am

hello there,

i have no doubts about the beauty of your country, and when it comes to beache Bali must be one of the most fantastic locations for sure, although its a bit damaged here across europe because of the dramatic terrorist attacks some years ago, i know that because some portuguese have died there by that time, i really hope that since there some security measure were taken in order to make it more safely for tourists. Anyway, i definitely would like to go there one day so im looking forward to know further things about your country :wink:
Rui
Platinum Member

Postby aprodianne » Mon Feb 25, 2008 1:57 am

lisatang wrote:Hi,
I have been to Bali many times, I do love it very much.
I suggest you should give it a try, but remember avoiding the month of Febuary, March, April and May. It's monsoon season.

Hello lisatang, thanks for dropping by to this thread.

Yes, I also love Bali :D . Usually, I've never loved the beaches before but when I visited Bali with my friends some years ago, I falled in love with the beach. Perhaps you're right not coming to Bali in February, because I rememberred when I visited Bali, it was February and not much visitors coming to the beach, such as Kuta, Dreamland, or Benoa. I just reallized that.

Do you have plan to visit Bali again in this year :) ?
aprodianne
Silver Member

Postby aprodianne » Mon Feb 25, 2008 2:11 am

Rui wrote:hello there,

i have no doubts about the beauty of your country, and when it comes to beache Bali must be one of the most fantastic locations for sure, although its a bit damaged here across europe because of the dramatic terrorist attacks some years ago, i know that because some portuguese have died there by that time, i really hope that since there some security measure were taken in order to make it more safely for tourists. Anyway, i definitely would like to go there one day so im looking forward to know further things about your country :wink:

Hello Rui, thanks for visiting this thread.

I'm so sorry for the bombing accident in Bali some years ago and caused a lot of tourists injured and even died there. When I visited Bali some years ago, I did visit the place where the bombing was happened. There is a monument there where the name of the victims died are stated.

After that accident, there is few of tourist would come there even domestic tourist wouldn't because of the fear, but the magic of the beauty in Bali attract the tourist to come again to Bali not long after that.

Now, Bali is back to normal again. So, when you plan to visit Bali :D ?
aprodianne
Silver Member

Postby aprodianne » Fri Mar 28, 2008 4:47 am

Hello all... I want to share my experience when I was travelling to Medan (North Sumatera province) early this month.

This is my first trip to go to Medan and I found so many interested thing there, such as good tasty foods & beautiful view. I took some pictures of the view. I will submit it here.

First, I attach the photo of TOBA Lake (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). I took that picture in the peak area in North Sumatera, called BRASTAGI. It will take about 3 hours from Brastagi to Toba Lake, while from Medan to Brastagi takes about 3 hours. It was so amazing when I saw that view.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
aprodianne
Silver Member

Postby miss » Fri Mar 28, 2008 3:38 pm

aprodianne wrote:Hello all... I want to share my experience when I was travelling to Medan (North Sumatera province) early this month.

This is my first trip to go to Medan and I found so many interested thing there, such as good tasty foods & beautiful view. I took some pictures of the view. I will submit it here.

First, I attach the photo of TOBA Lake (Danau Toba in Indonesian language). I took that picture in the peak area in North Sumatera, called BRASTAGI. It will take about 3 hours from Brastagi to Toba Lake, while from Medan to Brastagi takes about 3 hours. It was so amazing when I saw that view.

it's my birth place :mrgreen:
of course you right..medan is a amazing place !!
btw In there you can found many delicious foods with cheap such as kwitiau medan,BPK..many :lol:
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
miss
Silver Member

Postby aprodianne » Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:02 am

Oh.. hi miss nani... it's nice to know the own of Medan :lol:

Ya, actually it's been a long time I want to go there. I want to see that Danau Toba & offcourse taste the food. I love to be there :D .
aprodianne
Silver Member

Postby miss » Mon Mar 31, 2008 1:31 pm

:) emm aprodianne,is it your name?? :mrgreen: ..

when the last time you go there??
btw where the city are you ???
don't angry yeah for 3 guestion for you :D :D
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
miss
Silver Member

Postby aprodianne » Tue Apr 01, 2008 2:12 am

miss wrote::) emm aprodianne,is it your name?? :mrgreen: ..

no, it's okay.
yes, it's my name but you can call me Anne.
I went to medan early last month, March 7-9, '08. it's my first time travelling to Medan. I was so excited.
actually, I'm in Jakarta.

how about you? is Nani your name? and where is your location now?
it's nice to know you :D
aprodianne
Silver Member

Postby miss » Tue Apr 01, 2008 11:50 am

aprodianne wrote:
miss wrote::) emm aprodianne,is it your name?? :mrgreen: ..

no, it's okay.
yes, it's my name but you can call me Anne.
I went to medan early last month, March 7-9, '08. it's my first time travelling to Medan. I was so excited.
actually, I'm in Jakarta.

how about you? is Nani your name? and where is your location now?
it's nice to know you :D

Aprodianne...nice name.
yup my name's Nani..there are many people using the same nani name's :mrgreen: :mrgreen: .maybe i've to change my name hehehe :roll: :roll:
the last times i went to medan on november'08, i visited my twin in there for 3 weeks.
i'm in surabaya..
by the way, Anne where you live in jakarta?

i'm so glad to know you :D :D
Best Regards,
--Miss Nani--
miss
Silver Member

Next

Return to Adventure & Travel