EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Olympic flame in Paris

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Olympic flame in Paris

Postby wllsp » Tue Apr 08, 2008 3:55 pm

Yesterday I watched a CNN report about somewhat serious problems that organaziers of the event had in Paris. I should say that I am really impressed. People wanted to show disagreement and they came out and demonstrated it event though there were a lot of policemen guarding the flame.
wllsp
Gold Member

Re: Olympic flame in Paris

Postby Oriani » Tue Apr 08, 2008 7:16 pm

I don't understand yet what's going on, honestly.. But I wonder why there have been many problems with it.
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby MissLT » Wed Apr 09, 2008 2:21 am

Serve them right! I'm not gonna watch the Olympics this year at all. :evil:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby emilyzheng » Wed Apr 09, 2008 6:20 am

i think most of us hope a successive holding of Olympics in China, we are all angry with any undermining on the Olympics. and most of us should protect the flame relay from being disrupted in the remaining countries.
emilyzheng

Postby MissLT » Wed Apr 09, 2008 8:56 pm

The torch relay is in S.F. today. I would join the protest if I weren't busy today. It seems like they've shortened the route kept it as a secret.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Vega » Thu Apr 10, 2008 5:40 am

I agree with demonstrations. I think China must get out of Tibet.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Sat Apr 12, 2008 8:47 pm

Xkalibur wrote:I agree with demonstrations. I think China must get out of Tibet.

Tibetans are not Hanified yet, so they cannot get out. Or Dalai Lama might come back, so they have to station in Tibet to guard "their land."
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:01 am

Sure, I'll believe a site about Tibet made by Chinese. And thanks for that article about the "Nazi" Dalai Lama. Whenever I can associate Mao with Mother Theresa, I'll make sure to think of Dalai Lama as a Nazi. Jeeezawee, what the length people would go to show their complete ignorance! :roll:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Tora » Fri Apr 18, 2008 12:19 pm

wllsp wrote:Yesterday I watched a CNN report about somewhat serious problems that organaziers of the event had in Paris. I should say that I am really impressed. People wanted to show disagreement and they came out and demonstrated it event though there were a lot of policemen guarding the flame.

What is your attitude towards it, wllsp?

Call me ignorant, but I don't feel we should mess up politics and sport.
The Olympics has always been something very magical and extremely beautiful. I believe there must be some other ways of protesting in the beginning of the 21st century, otherwise what one giant leap for mankind have we made from the barbarian times?
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Rui » Fri Apr 18, 2008 2:28 pm

well, if you think about Tora, the olympics were never something apart of politics matters, and in my opinion they should never be, because if there is people suffering brutalities and disrespect of human rights then we just cant seat and watch sport like if never was happening, and its proved that to have a global reaction about something important you must change people lifes, otherwise they will just say that they are on your side but nothing else, we need more than that and people of Tibet is struggling a lot for something they deserve, china wants to be the best but they need to learn what is respect a human being, which i thing they have never heard about it.
Rui
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Current News