EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Man kept his daughter locked for 24 years!!!

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Man kept his daughter locked for 24 years!!!

Postby jrkp » Mon Apr 28, 2008 11:19 pm

Can you believe this? An Austrian man kept his daughter locked in a cellar for 24 years... But that´s not all, apparently she had 7 kids with him.. The worst part is that supposedly, 3 of them hadn´t seen the sunlight yet...

Oh my god!! when I thought that the world couldn´t be more crazy and then, I came across with this kind of news...

You can see more information about it clicking in this link:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jh ... ria227.xml
jrkp
Gold Member

Re: Man kept his daughter locked for 24 years!!!

Postby Dixie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:46 am

Couldn't believe it when I heard it yesterday.

But there are some things I don't understand! What about the woman's mother? Didn't she ever notice anything? How could she not suspect anything?! How about the babies? Were they never ill? The man said that he and his wife had adopted three of them when they found them one day at their door. Is it that easy to adopt children in that country? Here, the lists are really really long.

I really hope he goes to prison. And unfortunately the I'm afraid the poor woman will have to be taken to a mental asylum or something. I don't think one is OK after such an experience!
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby Dixie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 12:25 pm

I just heard that all this has been discovered because one of the children became ill. His (grand)father took him to the hospital and, seeing he had a strange disease (he was product of an incest) the doctors wanted to see the mother. That's when she was taken to hospital and explained everything.

The kids were adopted by them without trouble because the mother was forced to write a letter saying she was in a cult and couldn't take care of them, and asked her parents to do so for her.

This is so incredible.
Dixie

Postby r1lita » Tue Apr 29, 2008 1:20 pm

This man is insane, I mean doing that to your own girl. I wonder how the girl gave birth in this cellar without any scientist help.
r1lita
Gold Member

Postby Tora » Tue Apr 29, 2008 2:15 pm

This is horrable and disgusting. It's happening in a European country in the beginning of the 21st century and no one around is noticing. I'm taken aback. The guy is a monster, I wonder if his daughter-wife have ever tried to kill him somehow, I mean she had to bear it for such a long period of time... Oh my god, how sorrowful, truly, the whole story is stomach turning. I hope he'll be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law
Tora
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:54 pm

Tora wrote:This is horrable and disgusting. It's happening in a European country in the beginning of the 21st century and no one around is noticing. I'm taken aback. The guy is a monster, I wonder if his daughter-wife have ever tried to kill him somehow, I mean she had to bear it for such a long period of time... Oh my god, how sorrowful, truly, the whole story is stomach turning. I hope he'll be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law

Me too, Tora.

There are still so many things I don't understand.

For instance, can't a 42-year-old woman beat a 73-year-old man? He was an elder anyway.

The room was soundproof, but I still can't understand why the mother never suspected anything. Maybe she was involved in this as well?

The man raped his daughter for the first time when she was 11. Didn't the mother know that? Was she raped too and thought this was normal?

This whole issue is so dark.
Dixie

Postby Bambang » Tue Apr 29, 2008 5:13 pm

The "best" father ever! :twisted:
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:28 pm

One thing I can't understand is to have babies from your own daughter...what a shame...The whole picture is so shameful.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Hardi » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:33 pm

The world is sick! It's so sick, that news like this, shouldn't even be any issues, but just exactly because it's sick. Cases like that, will become to the issues. All ll the way up from issues into the bathroom tissues.
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Vega » Tue Apr 29, 2008 6:45 pm

24 years :shock: ...I'd kill him on the first day if I were her.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Next

Return to Current News