EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

PIETY

Add your poems, essays and short stories here. Please do not post work by other writers.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: PIETY

Postby Krisi » Sun May 25, 2008 10:04 am

denvinbo wrote: {-; {-; {-;

Where's the continuation Denvinbo? :-(
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Tue May 27, 2008 9:56 am

_Mom didn't know that during that time, I sold the Christmas trees, shoveled snow and did chores things to have enough money to buy a new boots - a boots had no ladle. no board paper in the sole. I knew exactly the kind of boots I need, that was the Pierre Paris, 30 centimeters high, and $23 for a good one.
_The important day came in the evening on Christmas night. I thumped with excitement, hurried to take a bus. Only a few hundred meters walking, but on the street, I saw a house decorated with Christmas lights and many other things. I recognized that my house had no lights, no decorated things, and no money to buy candy and cookies for Christmas. Might be mo turkey or pork for tonight but I believed that we would have the "French style toasted bread".
_Continued walking, I began having a strange feeling of crime. I was going to buy a new boots, while mom was staying at home, bored and worrying many things, mom would explain why we didn't have any present. I was finding the warm for myself when mom had to manage with difficult things. I saw that I was very selfish and in deep, I felt love my mom. When i stopped at the bus station, the bus driver opened the door for me to walk in. It's seem that I stood there until the bus driver spoke loudly:
- Hey, child. Do you want to go?

To be continued.... ;-)
Hey! I'm stuck! Get me out!

PIETY-The stories of parents and children
denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Tue May 27, 2008 2:24 pm

Thanks Denvinbo. What's next? :-) (I'll wait don't worry... :-P)
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Thu May 29, 2008 11:24 am

_I revived, answered immediately:
- Thanks, I don't go. I changed my thinking.
_The bus went away, left me alone in dizzy. But I felt lightly, I knew what to do... On the other side, opposite the bus station was a groceries store named Piggly Wiggly. I walked into the store, my heart was full of happy. I recognized that with $23 - it was difficult to have - I could buy many things in that store. I bought a turkey, a little porks, oranges and other foods for Christmas. I spent each pennies in the most meaning way, the store keeper looked at me:
- Child, you can't bring all of this to your house on your own.
_I had 2 men helped me to bring the foods to my house - 1 kilometers distance - and reminded them to keep silent and put the foods in front of the door. Then I thumped with excitement, with tears, I knocked the door. I wanted to see my mom immediately. When the door was opened, and my mom stood there, couldn't say a word. I tried to stop my tears, said:
- Mom, Merry Christmas...
_I explained many things while everyone were bringing the food to the fridge. And that day, I was kissed so much by mom, that I thought it would be enough for the afterlife. Helping mom to make her wish come true was warmer than buying a new boots. Finally, my family had a Christmas season in happy...

Denvinbo! {-;

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Thu May 29, 2008 12:23 pm

nice ending Denvinbo. But you seemed to be really dizzy... :-P joke!

Thanks Denvinbo.

(Sorry to say this but your location made me laugh denvinbo... can't you believe what you are doing... :lol: )
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Fri May 30, 2008 8:55 am

Krisi wrote:(Sorry to say this but your location made me laugh denvinbo... can't you believe what you are doing... :lol: )

Ah hah - I forgot to change it....... :lol: :lol:

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Sat May 31, 2008 1:04 am

:!!: Oh my Denvinbo! You look snobbish on your new avatar but I love it...(with one eyebrow raised up, a perfect snob!) :lol: :lol: :lol:
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Sat May 31, 2008 10:26 am

An April morning...

That was April 19th 1995. As usual, I was preparing to go to school, mom Diana was going to work at the Union building in Oklahoma city.

When I said good bye and see her later to go to school, but I totally didn't know that I would never see her again and my life was changed at that time.

About 1:30, when the loud speaker announced class end-time, I thought: "Great! May be mom picks me up." She usually made me surprised and brought me somewhere.

When I stopped at the office. Otherwise my mom, I saw my grandfather and aunt. Both of them were crying, with worry face, hurried to take my hand and go back home. In the living room, my family was crying and watching the news on TV. Glanced my eyes to the TV, I saw the building mom worked for. Most was exploded. The people was rushing out, with a lot of blood... Might be mom couldn't go home... i knelt down and began praying. In my mind, there's only a question: "Why does God treat me like this?"

Everyone stayed and waited for anything... Time passed, nothing happened. Then I saw mom's friends were carried on stretchers... They lied silently. I felt a vindictive hatred for the person caused it...and I cried. I felt powerless, lonely and mislay. Fortunately, there's still someone around me. But all I needed was mom returned home and everything was fully satisfactory... Although it would never come true...

On a Wednesday morning, 2 and half weeks after the bomb attack, aunt and grandmother were crying and that made me awake... They found my mom.

I was so happy that I kept silent. God replied my pray. I asked when mom returned home, and was answered that mom would never returned. Her body was found on 2nd floor.

Mom was "Number One" in my life. And she was "Number One" in my heart. Mom returned home on the bomb attack day, not our house on the ground, that was the heaven. I thought she was waiting to see me again. In waiting time, I would try to live better and mom could proud of me and she knew she was a special person. Ideas and belief helped me to pass each day on remain part of my life. Because I loved my mom. And I wanted she had no worry...

Denvinbo! ;-)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Krisi » Sat May 31, 2008 10:45 am

It's a nice touching story Denvinbo. Thanks.
always.

Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby denvinbo » Wed Jun 04, 2008 10:49 am

My Father is extremely odd!!!

He called me. He would go to the city and have dinner with me. Great? But it's only for the people has normal parents... as for me, Nope!

I guessed the scenario would be like this: Dad would go from New York to Washington D.C. When other people just went into an airplane, he took a night train from Syracuse to New York at 10 pm, then registered a "sleep space" in a car to wait for the next train left for Washington D.C at 5 am. And you thought that the dinner would be occurred at a midnight Inn, you were wrong! He didn't like anywhere, except the Inn at Penn station. So if I wanted to meet him, I would have to wander to there at midnight, with the narcotic addicted people, and wait for the train coming. We would eat sandwiches with chicken, drink a cup of hot cacao at Roy Rogers Cafe, then he'd say good bye with a kiss and find a deserted car to sleep.

Dad liked train, sitting on the train, taking photos, even listening to the train sound. When I was a kid, I thought that going by train was a normal thing, because there's only rich people had airplane. I also didn't feel odd when I had to visit my grandparents by train. The route was arranged and dad could stop to take photos...

To be continued.... ;-)

denvinbo
Rough Diamond Member

PreviousNext

Return to Creative Writing