EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do children grow up too quickly nowadays?

Postby Stanley » Wed Jan 30, 2008 11:42 am

Yes they certainly do. Childhood is a valuable time in a person's life and should be retained for as long as possible. Even at 18 or still living under their parents roof they should be regularly reminded they are a child and must accept all their parents rules and regulations, and of course discipline. They need to be protected from the nasty things in this world and not be exposed to any of it, not even on TV.
The World of Pop and their noise machines (note I don't say music) is probably the most guilty.
Being made aware makes them more curious.
Keep them young.
Stanley

Postby Annaa » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:48 am

Yeah ,children are growing up so fast nowdays.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Postby babyfacehao » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:19 pm

babyfacehao

Postby supersju » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:44 pm

Most children jump out of bed at about 7o' clock every morning. After getting up, most children go into the bathroom. I go into the bathroom and take a shower. In short, I'm not at all like most children. I don't like to go to bed at night. But I don't mind getting up in the morning. I usually wake up before my mother calls me. I get dressed, brush my teeth, comb my hair, and put on my clothes. In conclusion, it’s that way every day with most children. Perhaps some day they will learn to get up on time, but I really don’t think so.
supersju

Postby halfknot » Fri Aug 07, 2009 4:22 pm

We grow up faster mainly because of the internet. We interact with more older people than in the real life on forums and on chats.We hear more opinions about more subjects and more forms of exprimation. But I don't think is a fast grow-up for these days, it's just normal
I'm posting to improve my English. If you see any grammar/vocabulary mistake in my post, please let me know.
halfknot
Silver Member

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion