Tunisia-what do you think?:D

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderator: EC

illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Tunisia-what do you think?:D

Post by illusion »

Hey everyone, I hope there wasn't a threat about it yet, because next week I'm going for trip to Hammamet (Tunisia) and well, I've read different stuff about the country and its citizens. Like for instance, the men over there tend to bug blonde women and that it's better not to walk out in mini-skirts and etc. I'm just asking because I'm a blonde ;p (though not wearing mini-skirts) and maybe some of you have been there and could give me some pieces of advice? Anything would be useful ;)
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: Tunisia-what do you think?:D

Post by illusion »

sad that no one bothered to reply, but anyway I just wanted to make an update and say that Tunisia is a very beautiful and amazing country and I would love to go back there next holidays!
Vittoria

Post by Vittoria »

Oh, always when ask something that really important for you, nobady gives advices. ;-) Yes, it's true, Tunisia is beautiful place with interesting history, I've been in the different town - Sousse, no bad. Sometimes local men tried to touch my hair (blond and long) indeed it irrotated. In one day we decided to go to the outskirts and it was surreal, all people looked at us. But it didn't restrict our holiday and we had a good time there. There were good service in the Hotel, clean sea and perfect weather. :-D
henguru

Post by henguru »

Vittoria wrote:Oh, always when ask something that really important for you, nobady gives advices. ;-) Yes, it's true, Tunisia is beautiful place with interesting history, I've been in the different town - Sousse, no bad. Sometimes local men tried to touch my hair (blond and long) indeed it irrotated. In one day we decided to go to the outskirts and it was surreal, all people looked at us. But it didn't restrict our holiday and we had a good time there. There were good service in the Hotel, clean sea and perfect weather. :-D
Yes, Tunisia is good untill you exit fron hotel... There are a lot of garbige outside everyvere and pretty dodgi and rough people. I hate this country!
illusion
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by illusion »

I know what you mean with being a blonde. The guys over there kept talking to me in different languages and would stare at my hair all the time, because for them it's so different, although they see loads of blonde tourists all the time. But still, I felt safe. I heard it's a tourist friendly country and I can confirm that.