EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Most popular sport in your country

Football, rugby, swimming, tennis... Painting, fishing, stamps

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: In China.

Postby carolworld » Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:56 am

szhua wrote:In China , The table tennis is the most popular sport. but I just watch not play. I like football the most, and i play it everyweek. :)

You do? :mrgreen:
carolworld
Silver Member

Postby Shazzam » Mon Aug 15, 2005 6:13 am

I don't know exactly what the most popular sport in the country is as I'm not sure of attendance numbers, but I will hazard a guess as follows:

1. Rugby League (Football)
2. Rugby Union (Football)
3. Cricket
4. Surfing and skateboarding.
5. Tennis.

It was really hard for me to even pick five. Australia is very much a sporting nation. 8)
Shazzam
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Most popular sport in your country

Postby Annaa » Mon Jun 09, 2008 11:41 am

I think football nd Basketball. :-P
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Egyptian » Thu Jan 01, 2009 3:34 pm

Football is the most popular sport in Egypt.If you come to Egypt you will see the children who play football anywhere.
The Egyptian football team is very strong and the best club in the middle east is Al-Ahly
and his great player Mohamed Abo Treika is the best.
Egyptian
Silver Member

Postby angeleyez » Sun Jan 04, 2009 8:21 pm

Here in Denmark the most popular sport is Football..
But in my native country; Sri Lanka, is the most popular sport Cricket.. I like cricket very much.. I like to play and watch it :mrgreen: Do anyone here play cricket or watch it?
Please... Correct me if I have a spelling mistake !
angeleyez
Rough Diamond Member

Postby sweethuman » Wed May 18, 2011 10:43 am

Cricket and Football
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby ElenaRedhead » Mon Jun 20, 2011 9:37 am

The most popular sport in my country is football I guess. A lot of people watch football, a lot of people play football every weekend, especially children like this game. (I'm from Belarus, by the way.) But there is one more very popular game here - ice hockey. I love to watch ice hockey. I used to watch football more often, but now hockey is sport #1. I have my favorite team and I watch almost every match on TV. This year I saw one of the matches live. It was play-off of Kontinental Hochey League. The game was really amazing. There are a lot of fast attacks, beautiful goals. And atmosphere was absolutely incredible. Imagine, when whole arena (about 16,000 spectators) cheers for the favorite team! I'd like to see more matches live. I know ice hockey is sport #1 in Canada. Now I understand why.
ElenaRedhead

Postby lucialuga » Sat Sep 17, 2011 5:55 am

Hi,
In my country, Taiwan, the most popular sport used to be baseball, but I think that billiards/pools is much more popular nowadays. There is always a game on the television for people to watch, weather it's live or rebroadcast. There are many Taiwanese players attending international competition and competing with the best players in the world. I don't really play pools, but I watch it sometimes.
lucialuga

Postby anstgu » Sat Sep 17, 2011 8:32 am

In Japan, baseball was the most popular sports. There are 12 professional teams and Tokyo Ginats is the oldest among them. Recently, football is as popular as baseball. When I was child there was no professional football team, nowadays, there are around 30 professional football teams.
anstgu

PreviousNext

Return to Sports & Hobbies