EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Tips for Writing

From academic writing to resumes and cover letters

Moderator: EC

Re: Tips for Writing

Postby emilykorea » Thu Jun 26, 2008 3:06 pm

thanks for sharing..
emilykorea
Silver Member

Postby sanil » Tue Jan 06, 2009 1:29 pm

Thanks for the tips. it's really help me.
sanil

Postby justme » Wed May 20, 2009 5:34 pm

thanx everyone for this thread i got a many thing ...
i am new here and want to write good english but some time when i write my point of view i feel hesitate and i comprehand that i write rong sentence often i check them and feel rest that i have to write better...
but mostly i am not setisfy about my writing and problem is that i have no good tuter they help me and check my writing ....
so anybony can help me ?
how i check my self ?
how i setisfied myself ?
pleace give me any tips for my setisfaction .......
thank you very much !
Love is the master key that opens the gates of happiness.
justme

Postby frdsmth » Mon May 25, 2009 7:04 am

People respect high quality writing. If you deliver your work in a strong and error-free package, people take you seriously. Your message comes through clearly.
frdsmth

Postby partners » Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:06 pm

hi all,
i am wait for tips...
partners

Postby englishhelps » Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:26 am

There's one tip I can give you. When you're writing, K.I.S.S.

K.I.S.S is a simple idea. It means keep it short and simple. If you're writing, don't focus too much on using big words. Your message will get lost in the transition and chances of you making a mistake will be bigger as well.

Also, you really have to practice. Even if you're just posting in forums and not typing an official document, write properly. This helps you develop the muscle memory that can be helpful when you're typing. For example, if you're used to capitalizing every start of a sentence, your hands' muscles will get used to it and will do it without you really thinking about it.
englishhelps
Gold Member

Postby englishhelps » Sat Jun 27, 2009 3:37 pm

alexisj wrote:Thanks for sharing those cool tips guys.. That was really helpful as to the nature of my work where I face the net making blogs and posting articles, for in blogging there's really a need for bloggers to create content that's some like original. Even though some of the topics or I'd say information were all net sourced, there are usually times where you need to revised it, to come up with an originality. And in posting any topics, correct grammar should be considered.

I also do some article writing online as a job. It's not wrong to use the net as resources because a major part of writing is researching. Don't be afraid to use resources. However, plagiarism is a crime so make sure that you're just using your resources for research and not for copying.
englishhelps
Gold Member

Postby englishhelps » Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:17 pm

If you're writing, make sure that spell checker is on when you're using MS Word. This helps you make sure that everything is done correctly. You'll also see errors that you didn't know was an error so it helps a lot.
englishhelps
Gold Member

Postby englishhelps » Sun Jul 12, 2009 1:32 pm

If you're writing, it's good to follow these simple steps:

1. Make your point
2. Explain
3. Give examples
4. Go back to your point to close

This will help you make your piece short but concise.
englishhelps
Gold Member

Postby englishhelps » Wed Jul 15, 2009 5:06 am

A good tip is also to write with music in the background. It works for me if I'm listening to some slow jams music. It inspires me. Experiment first to see which genre of music works for you. It's just like working out!
englishhelps
Gold Member

PreviousNext

Return to Writing Help