EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Dominican Republic

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

The Dominican Republic

Postby wllsp » Thu Jan 22, 2009 5:16 pm

Having searched the forum I found that nobody posted yet any information about visiting this country.
So, I spent 10 days there in January 2009. That was kind of beach holidays. I should say that in Russia where I come from right now is very cold and in December 2008 I dreamed of sunbathing and swimming in a warm sea. So I chose The Dominican Republic and I don't regret about my decision. The weather was excellent. All ten days were very warm and sunny. Comparing to weather in Turkey in August 2008 where I spent two weeks I feel that the weather is generally hotter in Turkey and more comfortable in The Dominican Republic.

The hotel was on the Atlantic cost. The ocean in that place is clean and the water is very transparent. Coral reefs off the coast break big ocean waves and there are only small waves near the shore. As a result swimming there is really pleasant. There are not a lot of different sorts of fish in the ocean in that area but it is OK. Yet another thing to mention about the beach is that it is almost white.

Also I visited the Caribbean sea. It was an one day trip to the island of Saona. Well it was my dream to visit this place that used to be full of pirates. We did three stops to swim in the sea. Unfortunately water near the island is very murky so I didn't see anything below the surface while swimming during the second stop.

In conclusion I would like to say that this trip was a very interesting experience even though the flight from Saint-Petersburg is eleven and a half hours. And I look forward to having the same experience once more.
wllsp
Gold Member

Re: The Dominican Republic

Postby poiunmyr » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 am

Caribbean countris are famous for their beautiful scenery. Peolpe their speak Spanish.
poiunmyr

Return to Adventure & Travel