EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Parties are a waste of time (and money)!

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Parties are a waste of time (and money)!

Postby Anahita » Sat Feb 07, 2009 11:22 am

I hate parties and I never waste my money for some gathering around with friends or family but you don't mind me, I am just a grumpy person who loves to sulk!! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anahita
Platinum Member

Postby Bambang » Sun Feb 08, 2009 9:11 am

Anahita wrote:I hate parties and I never waste my money for some gathering around with friends or family but you don't mind me, I am just a grumpy person who loves to sulk!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

That's cool :lol:
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby lyphan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 12:12 pm

trungkienb wrote:well, it depends on what kinds of parties do you have. if you like these kinds of parties, you will think they are very useful, and interesting. If you don't like those kinds of parties,, you will think that they are boring and waste of time.
In my point of view, I think parties generally is good, because they are like small communities where you can communicate with other people, you can have fun.

I do agree with you. Party is a good opportunity to raise the relationship between people such as companies, organizations need taking parties to rise staff' relationship. A birthday party is a good chance to enhance friendship and is a unforgettable mark of one's life. A farewell party is needed when you need to say goodbye to your friends, your kin for going studying abroad. And new year parties are wonderful opportunities to get together with family members, friends, and so on. In all, parties are needed in our lives. It is a way of entertainment, too.
The problem is what kind and size of parties, I mean that who take part in, how much you pay for, how long it lasts, where it takes...For example, it is unacceptable that a poor student' s birthday party takes in a luxurious restaurant, invites so much people, lasts all night...
lyphan
Silver Member

Postby mimilla » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:07 pm

Everybody has his way of distracting, some find it enjoyable to set around the table in a family diner, some prefer to spend their time with the person they love and some prefer to stay alone far from people and far from parties noise. Personally, I don’t mind having parties from time to time, but becoming addicted to that way of amusement is a biiig waste of time and money.
mimilla

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:13 am

I dont think so, if someone is arraging parties for some casual ocassions then it is fine, however if you have a regular party at home or somewhere else then it is waste of time
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion