If bees disappeared completely...

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

TalkingPoint
Teacher/Moderator
Teacher/Moderator

If bees disappeared completely...

Post by TalkingPoint »

If bees disappeared completely, man would only be able to survive for another four years.
(Albert Einstein)
To what extent to you agree with Einstein?

See this for more information on this topic:
http://www.englishclub.com/esl-forums/v ... 92&t=52381
Biene

Re: If bees disappeared completely...

Post by Biene »

Hello everybody! It's my first message here.
What I think about bees disappearing completely? Well, it would distroy the world balance, first of all. Every living beeing plays an important role in the biological connections on Earth. If one little part is out, it will distract the whole chain.
If the bees disappeared, flowers, blossoming plants would not survive. Then we would face lack of food, it would make people fight to survive and wage a war against each other. Bad nutrition, lack of essential vitamins would result in expanding diseases...
The humanity would collaps... I'm viewing a very dipressive picture in my mind now. I'm ready to protect the bees, after all ;-)
bhavatmaj

Post by bhavatmaj »

I agree with both Einstein and Biene.
bhavatmaj
Handmade beaded necklace from craftsmen of Indian Villages.
Tukanja
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Tukanja »

What's happening to bees today is an omen of what's going to happen to the mankind in a short time.
beethoven

Post by beethoven »

After reading the article, I agree with Albert Einstein that bees are disappearing. We know that bees are major pollinators of flora and plants. If they disappear continually, many plants will suffer. Sadly, I think our environmental consciousness has failed to grow and the change of environment is too fast. People should aware the issue of ecological catastrophe.
beethoven

Post by beethoven »

The sentence, if bees disappeared completely, man would only be able to survive for another four years by Einstein examines the problem that bees disappeared completely today. It is no doubt that the climate changes. The reactions of plants and animals are the elements of changing climate. For example, human beings can not survive when bees disappear.

Creatures’ lives are affected by climate so much and the climate is affected by creatures as well. Therefore, how we live in the world can affect bees’ activity. If our life style is bad, bees’ will complete disappear. We need to have a kind of mindset of practicality.

I agree with Albert Einstein’s assumption. We know that bees are major pollinators of flora and plants. If they disappear eventually continually, many plants will die, too. Be suffered from dead. Sadly, I think our environmental consciousness has failed to grow and the change of environment is too fast. People should aware the issue of ecological catastrophe.
Planta

Post by Planta »

Are you people serious?
I mean, of course it would be a mess, lots of valuable species would disappear along with the bees, probably culminating with massive human death, but Nature and mankind cleverness have a great capacity of reaction and adaptation.
It is said that Einstein was not a good husband - would you follow his marital advice just because he's Einstein? It is said that Hitler used to breath - so don't breath.
Spurious logic - why do I bother?

Yellow-and-black-striped Cheers.

Planta.
halfknot

Post by halfknot »

I think if bees disappear completly, they will be substituted with something else keeping the world balance the same.
I'm posting to improve my English. If you see any grammar/vocabulary mistake in my post, please let me know.