EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What makes people do so much shopping these days?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby lady » Wed Aug 15, 2007 11:16 am

people is working and they win money and than they want to spend this money for them needs because this necessary for them
lady

Postby Seafarer » Tue Aug 21, 2007 10:50 am

There are perfect women in Tv and all press.They wear nice and attrack most of the men. This influences our own relationships.Woman wants to be the one, man wants perfect woman so people go shopping to be the perfect one.I think shopping is not a simple topic, it is a sociological problem
Seafarer
Gold Member

Re: What makes people do so much shopping these days?

Postby Geeny » Wed Feb 25, 2009 10:24 am

If we are giving the good service and sell quality products and give customer satisfaction then obviously the people will come to shop.

Thank you
Regards
Abercrombie and Fitch Clothing
Geeny

Postby Biene » Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:49 pm

Well, I think, this crazy shopping epidemic is fueled by the advertisment. Coulorful, funny, attractive, advertisments appeal to our inner intentions or better to say to our complexes. They show us that we are not as perfect as people on screen or in a picture. It's the essential intention to improve oneself in order to be stronger, prettier, healthier and happier. So why not to buy a new perfume or a new car, when a voice- over promises that the thing will make so good. However, it really works for some people. Unfortunately, I'm not one of them :-?
Biene

Postby IrinCHa » Mon Apr 13, 2009 2:52 pm

Among others, there are such reasons as - the desire to show off (we live in a society with the ideology of conspicuous consumption, don't you think so?), and a psychological aspect of the process (for example, shopping is essential for most of women as it uplifts their mood)...
IrinCHa

Postby langbam » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:20 am

Nowadays, people earn more money than 80', 90'. They have enough for their normal life. People in my country often say: "This is not the time of fully eating, warmly wearing. Deliciously and model are instead of old people thinking"
There are a lot of markets, supermarket, commercial centrals and malls also help people approach with as less distance as possible. People can find everything they need in short time, with the most model, lastest technology of product.
Another reason that make consumer easy pickup commodity is PR (Public Relation) which too many promotable campaign to encourage people come to market.
For most consumer's psychology, shopping are the most relaxing method after full weekday working. To go to market, with air conditioner, music let people exciting, relaxing. Moreover, people feels happy when they carry new things to home.
In conclusion, consumption is the important core that making social improvement.
langbam

Postby Emily » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:17 pm

Shopping can makes people feel happy and satisfied also can help business activities and economic grow up. People need some requisites so we have to buy that then go to shopping. I love shopping too. For example, the item we buy cosmetic, dress, skin care product etc. These things for woman have irresistible power.
Emily

Postby supersju » Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:38 am

If you want to cost money or just window shop, you don’t need to go too far. There are many department stores in Taipei. If all these are too expensive for you, just is patient. In a short time, you will probably find a similar style of the jeans you want in a less expensive store.
supersju

Postby midolihuang » Fri Jun 05, 2009 6:00 pm

I think advertisement should be a main tactic influenced people goes shopping
There are variety method from the newspaper or TV to promote the goods on the advertisement, which includes bargain price、 buy one free one、coupon…etc.
The people were attracted shopping not only in his needs but cheaper items that will be used so far.
midolihuang

Postby emilovepeace » Wed Jun 10, 2009 12:57 pm

I think it is in order to our life to need. That is the basic things. Furthermore, most peoples are in order to their desire. Sometimes, we see the other people having something than we want to have those things. This is why we make so much shopping today.
emilovepeace

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion