What's the good word?

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

ETutor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Re: What's the good word?

Post by ETutor »

What’s the good word is an informal greeting, a way of asking “how are you?” It implies a positive attitude toward life and anticipation of good news from you. Isn’t this a fun way to greet a friend? It communicates a feeling of camaraderie and happiness.
kshyaa

Post by kshyaa »

hi there, it's nice to know new word . .

so,
what is the most appropriate response to "what's the good word?"
ETutor
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by ETutor »

Your response would depend on the situation with the person making the greeting. A quick response to the question would be “Nothing much, what’s the good word with you?” Or if you and your friend have been working together on something, you could respond with a word that communicates a result of what you’ve been working on. For example, if you were trying to find a low airfare to Hawaii, you could respond with “Hawaii, here we come!”
kshyaa

Post by kshyaa »

ETutor wrote:Your response would depend on the situation with the person making the greeting. A quick response to the question would be “Nothing much, what’s the good word with you?” Or if you and your friend have been working together on something, you could respond with a word that communicates a result of what you’ve been working on. For example, if you were trying to find a low airfare to Hawaii, you could respond with “Hawaii, here we come!”
ok then, that's what i'm looking for.
still waiting for another way to greet people
that would be fun to vary our greetings {-;
drosseas

Post by drosseas »

Another adequate response would be: "TO HELL WITH GEORGIA"

This will be given when the question is asked in Midtown Atlanta or to any fan of the Georgia Institute of Technology.
clevermae

Post by clevermae »

"Thank you" is one of the common good word to used.
Evjamis

Post by Evjamis »

ETutor is correct, I'd only add that the answer could also be any small, positive, personal detail: I got a new job, my brother is going to visit soon, my daughter won a prize. The question is friendly and personal.