Why should we read books?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderator: EC

brightsmiles

Why should we read books?

Post by brightsmiles »

Why should we read books? Have you ever wondered it? When I was a child I read books because I was curious. When I was a pupil, I read books because it was compulsory. Now I read books because it helps me know what the world really is. ;)
lydiaaaaa

Post by lydiaaaaa »

brightsmiles :lol:
I totally agree with u that reading books have different reasons during different ages,and i think that books can make us relax ourselves too!!!
brightsmiles

Re: Reading

Post by brightsmiles »

mywebnet wrote:Reading can help us learn what others find out.
You're right. Books can partially perfect our knowledge, which is unlimited. Learning from each other is the best way :!:
real_lord

reading books...

Post by real_lord »

sometimes reading books is just FASHIONABLE. I mean people read this or that because EVERYONE reads it.
As deals me I would like to tell to everyone that Tolkien while writing Lord of The Rings was using Scandinavian mythology and
was fascinated with it.
So I think that we should read books not only for pleasure but also to get know more and more about world and increase our imagination:)
Next year - if I am alive - I would like to go to Sweden.
I mean - to travel there, not to pick up fruits;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology
THANKS FOR READING THIS LETTER:)
real_lord:)
brightsmiles

Re: reading books...

Post by brightsmiles »

real_lord wrote:sometimes reading books is just FASHIONABLE. I mean people read this or that because EVERYONE reads it.
As deals me I would like to tell to everyone that Tolkien while writing Lord of The Rings was using Scandinavian mythology and
was fascinated with it.
So I think that we should read books not only for pleasure but also to get know more and more about world and increase our imagination:)
Next year - if I am alive - I would like to go to Sweden.
I mean - to travel there, not to pick up fruits;)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Norse_mythology
THANKS FOR READING THIS LETTER:)
real_lord:)
You're so right :!: Many people show that they are good at everything. They always update lastest news and information. Actually, however, they might not be interested in books or know nothing, except some big tittles. :mrgreen: They just wanna let others know they are bookish and fashionable. :cross:
Anyway, good luck for your trip to Sweden next year!
RedRose

Post by RedRose »

At the beginning, I read books just because my mom forced me to do it, in my childhood, if I was against my mom's orders, I would be beaten badly.

But gradually, I found reading very interesting. actually, we can have fun through reading plenty of great books.

Having fun is the best reason to read.
juhainah

Post by juhainah »

We read to enrich our mind with knowledge concerning every useful fields
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Why should we read books?

Post by Dixie »

brightsmiles wrote:Why should we read books? Have you ever wondered it? When I was a child I read books because I was curious. When I was a pupil, I read books because it was compulsory. Now I read books because it helps me know what the world really is. ;)
Reading enriches your mind, as Juhainah said, it helps you open your mind and have a plural vision of the world.

I couldn't live without books!! I always have a book with me. Anytime or another I am always reading something!
Mina

Post by Mina »

:D Hi.

Reading is really fun!!! And I agree with Juhainah.
I know some people that don´t like to read and they are not very smart... :lol: .Reading is very important for evey person.No one can say " I know how to read" just because it knows how to pronounce the words while reading.We must interpret the story. So if a person is not used reading, you can say that she/he is illiterate.Why should we read books? We should read them because we like to do it. But for those who don´t like it , I recommend force the habit of reading a little bit
or else They might become senile. :lol:
( I know that everybory here loves reading,but I have friends who don´t like it!! )
bye
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Dixie wrote:
I couldn't live without books!! I always have a book with me. Anytime or another I am always reading something!
Dix, you are just like me! I loooove books and I can't picture my life without them.
God bless writers!! :wink:
serenella
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by serenella »

It's the same for me too! Reading is my favourite hobby and I couldn't live without books.
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Dixie »

Lalee wrote:
Dix, you are just like me! I loooove books and I can't picture my life without them.
God bless writers!! :wink:
When I was small, I always made up stories and wrote them down. I thought I wanted to be a writer too. Pity not everybody has a talent for that!
Lalee
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Lalee »

Dixie wrote: When I was small, I always made up stories and wrote them down. I thought I wanted to be a writer too. Pity not everybody has a talent for that!
Whoaa! You are scaring me now. I used to do exactly the same thing. I was like; "Yeah, by the time I'm 18 or something I'm gonna have enough stories to publish."
We can be so naive when we are little, no?

Hmm...I think I have the book where I used to write my stories somewhere. :roll:
pob
Rising Star
Rising Star

Post by pob »

brightsmiles wrote:Why should we read books?
A book is an easy way to get information.
You don't make noise while you are reading.
You don't bother other people while you are reading.
You can take books with you everywhere.
The time you spend reading you are not doing any stupid or bad activity.
You could find interesting issues in a book.
You could find new ways to express your ideas, feelings...

... etc
You can help me with my English by telling me my mistakes in a private message. Thanks :)
pencil

Post by pencil »

hi everyone
my reading came as thing accidental
as child, i read books since being held captive at home almost all day while my parents were at office. caused i felt so bored that i read anything there was in the drawer, except some school textbooks. as time went by, i got used to reading books.
my parents always said, i am supposed to read theory about what i intended to do before carrying on in practice. now i find it still always correct.
that is why i like to read them.
Annaa
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by Annaa »

brightsmiles wrote:Why should we read books? Have you ever wondered it? When I was a child I read books because I was curious. When I was a pupil, I read books because it was compulsory. Now I read books because it helps me know what the world really is. ;)
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
AdiNNa

Re:

Post by AdiNNa »

juhainah wrote:We read to enrich our mind with knowledge concerning every useful fields
Yes,i totally agree with you!
kring

Post by kring »

I consider books as my friends...really! I always see them as my tour guides because they help me travel to places I can only imagine of. They also serve as my companions whenever I am lonely and bored. Most of all, they are my teachers! I learn alot from them with no pay at all! Gotta love them...
kaitoukid

Post by kaitoukid »

Reading books is very interesting. Although I don't read many books, I really love them. I like buying books and after doing that, I feel very happy. Reading books can help you enlarge your knowledge and sometimes, you can relax while reading. I always try to read as many books as possible.