What do you eat for lunch?

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderator: EC

anzal

What do you eat for lunch?

Post by anzal »

I' m Angie, I from Costa Rica. Here we eat rice, beans, some of meat, rippe plantain and something that we call "picadillo", it can be of potatoes or other thing, tell what do you eat?
Dixie
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: What do you eat for lunch?

Post by Dixie »

Hi Angie,

In this article, it is described how we eat in Catalonia. Anyway here's the excerpt:

The Catalan diet is part of the Mediterranean diet. They fry with olive oil, and milk is widely consumed. Catalan people eat fowl more than the red meat of the English diet and like to eat young cows (vedella) and sheep (xai).

There are three main daily meals:

* In the morning: a very light breakfast, consisting of fruit or fruit juice, milk, coffee, or pa amb tomàquet "bread with tomato". Although it's considered less consistent than the British breakfast, Catalan breakfast is also important; people tend to divide their breakfast into two parts: one early in the morning before going to work or study (first breakfast), and the other one between 10:00 and 12:00 (second breakfast).
* Afternoon (roughly from 13:00 to 14:30): the main meal of the day. Usually three dishes: the first consisting of pasta or vegetables, the second of meat or fish and the third of fruit or yogurt. It is common to drink moderate quantities of wine.
* In the evening (roughly from 21:00 to 22:30): more food than in the morning but less than at lunch. Very often only a single big dish and fruit.

In Catalan gastronomy, embotits (a wide variety of Catalan sausages) are very important; these are pork sausages such as botifarra or fuet. In the past, bread (similar to French bread) figured heavily in the Catalan diet; now it is used mainly in the morning (second breakfast, especially among young students and some workers) and supplements the noon meal, at home and in restaurants. Bread is still popular among Catalans; some Catalan fast-food restaurants don't serve hamburgers but a wide variety of sandwiches.

In the past, the poor ate soup each day and rice on Thursday and Sunday.

The discipline of abstinence, not eating meat during Lent, was once very strong but has practically disappeared in the 20th century.

Spicy food is rare in the Catalan diet, but there are quite spicy sauces such as allioli or romesco.
EricPine

Post by EricPine »

Nice article, spicy food is very common in costa Rica, if not spicy then at least with strong flavor, but especias can never dissapear in costa rican cooking
shokin
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by shokin »

I am an exception : In the morning I already eat a big meal !!! and then... I don't need food at 10 o'clock !!! (only an apple and some water, eventually)

For example, pasta pomodoro ! (but wine only in the evening, eventually)

:lol: Now you know what you have to get used to, if you live with me. :lol:

Shokin
Nous sommes libres. Wir sind frei. We are free. Somos libres. Siamo liberi.
frdsmth

Post by frdsmth »

I do veggies with dip, left overs from dinner the night before, pasta salad, tossed salad, soup and a bagel, and then I throw in fruits and some snacks. Frozen meals are just fine to eat as long as you cook them right and lunch meat is ok if you microwave it first to kill any bacteria
kevinc

Post by kevinc »

I had a big fat san francisco burger for lunch. It's so good, I'm still thinking of it still.
himizi

Post by himizi »

fish , chicken, duck,meat, vegetable,rice,flour cake......
We eat different things every day.
My father can cook different dishes with the same ingredients.
I feel so lucky that I am in China because I like eat.
congcuongcdt

Post by congcuongcdt »

i'm Vietnammess, I usually hvae lunch at 12 o'clock .we eat rice and fish,vegatable,eggs,meat... :lol:
congcuongcdt

Post by congcuongcdt »

fish,duck,meat,vegetable..............
Pamela

Post by Pamela »

well i had Crispy rice with chicken today!