EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby romario » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 am

If you dream, it definitely means that you're asleep {-;
romario

Postby rexsunny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Although I don't believe that, It's sometimes does. When I was a kid, I have had a dream that I picked one thousand dollars when I went to school. After that, I really pick one thousand dollars on my way to school. And now, I never make a dream, so I don't believe it now.
rexsunny

No, I don't.

Postby rexsunny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Although I don’t believe that, It’s sometimes does. When I was a kid, I have had a dream that I picked one thousand dollars when I went to school. After that, I really pick one thousand dollars on my way to school. And now, I never make a dream, so I don’t believe it now.
rexsunny

Postby rexsunny » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Many people believe that their dreams mean something or represent something is going to happen. Therefore, there is an activity in folk which is called "dream-decoding".

I don't believe that dreams mean something, but it has ever come true at once. When I was a kid, I have had a dream. I picked one thousand dollars on the way I went to school. After that, I really pick one thousand dollars on my way to school. And now, I never have a dream, so I don't believe it now.

On the whole, I think what we dream means what we think in reality. When we put honest in mind, we may get a good repayment.
rexsunny

Postby Seafarer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm

I wonder how many times more this topic will be posted.
Seafarer
Gold Member

Postby sadmoon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 am

I always dream of having myself in conditions opposite to what i like. During the days of studying for exams there was a dream that kept haunting me in which I am to be late or not able to write .... :-| I think it has to do with our fea {-; rs and the stress we may have under certain circumstances. It acts also as a flashback as we sometimes see mixed things of childhood like a memory that highlights what stocked in our mind from reality and one's imagnation.
sadmoon

Postby taisir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 pm

not all dreams mean something, but just the one that can be retrieved by the dreaming humanbeing can only have a meaning when a practitioner dream interpreter describes it. this very one may predict the future of the dreaming human being if its interpreted properly
taisir

Postby Vimo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 am

Honestly, i forget my dreams directly after i wake up :mrgreen: !

But i deem that the dreams indicate for something in the foreseeable future that the person really wants.
Vimo

Postby AustralianDream » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Sure, I think our dreams mean a lot of things to us, even if they didn't come true. But if we stopped dreaming I think we would die.
Sometimes my dreams or some of them came true, but also they didn't come true other times.

But anyway I am still dreaming and I will dream because I have a faith that my great dream will come true.
AustralianDream

Postby halfknot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Does anyone know from a reliable source what provokes the dreams? I sometimes dream things that I couldn't have imagined awake. I think that they depend on what stresses me/ what I want/ I did/ what matters, but I'm not too confident on this theory
halfknot
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion