EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Cosmetic Surgery!

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby MissLT » Wed Jul 02, 2008 10:59 pm

Melek wrote:
Misi wrote:Cosmetic Surgery which restores virginity is very popular among arabic women before a marriage. Such operation costs 11 000 Dh (2800$) in Dubai



yes,I have heard about this operation.It is called himenoplastic if I am not mistaken.For the first time in the world a famous doctor did this operation on his daughter...

This is the correct spelling of it, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymenorrhaphy

This reminds me of a fictional story I read some years ago. It was about one girl who was very beautiful but promiscuous and gold digger. She'd finally found an old billionaire man who wanted to marry her after looking for one all her life. Nonetheless, the old man required his future wife to be a virgin. She wanted his wealth, so she went to a plastic surgeon to get her hymen reconstructed. The surgery was successful. She was staying in the hospital waiting for it to heal due to the doctor's order of no sexual intercourse for two or three weeks. Late at night, she was kidnapped by her ex-boyfriend who had been becoming her stalker. He tortured and raped her. She died because of bleeding.

I remembered I thought the story was ridiculous since there was no such thing as hymen reconstruction. Now I have to say technology always amazes me.
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Zooboy » Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:25 am



Actually ,.. this is not really my favorite subject,.. but I happen to have some notes about an older woman who had her hymen reconstructed.

The surgeons team used the membrane of the woman's ear drum, considering it has similar characteristics with hymen membrane.

In short, the surgery was successful.
One evening the woman managed to get a college boy to date her.
As the night grew, they decided to book a hotel room. The college guy was actually sort of inexperienced and shy.

In the hotel room,... the shy guy wanted to ask if it was a good time for them to make love.
And as he is shy,.. he whispered to the woman's ear...
The woman, of course, couldn't hear it because the membrane of the ear drum had been removed to be transplaned as her new hymen.

So, the woman push the college boy's head in between her legs and said (loudly) :
"sorry ! I can't hear you. please whisper down there instead ..." :lol:


[this was adapted from a joke who is cynical about hymen reconstruction]
Zooboy
Silver Member
 
Posts: 25
Joined: Sat Mar 08, 2008 2:11 am
Location: New Zooland
Status: Other

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Bambang » Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:09 pm

Zooboy wrote:

Actually ,.. this is not really my favorite subject,.. but I happen to have some notes about an older woman who had her hymen reconstructed.

The surgeons team used the membrane of the woman's ear drum, considering it has similar characteristics with hymen membrane.

In short, the surgery was successful.
One evening the woman managed to get a college boy to date her.
As the night grew, they decided to book a hotel room. The college guy was actually sort of inexperienced and shy.

In the hotel room,... the shy guy wanted to ask if it was a good time for them to make love.
And as he is shy,.. he whispered to the woman's ear...
The woman, of course, couldn't hear it because the membrane of the ear drum had been removed to be transplaned as her new hymen.

So, the woman push the college boy's head in between her legs and said (loudly) :
"sorry ! I can't hear you. please whisper down there instead ..." :lol:


[this was adapted from a joke who is cynical about hymen reconstruction]


A good joke.
We're all friends, right?
User avatar
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member
 
Posts: 2150
Joined: Sun May 13, 2007 3:26 am
Location: Jakarta Indonesia

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Krisi » Tue Jul 15, 2008 10:52 pm

Oh! this topic is going too far and no where... :-)

I think this is a personal choice... none of our business really.
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.



:-)
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Oriani » Sat Aug 02, 2008 3:40 am

Well, but this kind of surgeries are growing and growing for beauty purposes...But I was watching a programme on Discovery Channel about a man that had a horrible accident that destroyed his face, and after the surgey, I was impressed about the results.. Really nice...
User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Krisi » Mon Aug 04, 2008 4:14 am

Oriani wrote:But I was watching a programme on Discovery Channel about a man that had a horrible accident that destroyed his face, and after the surgey, I was impressed about the results.. Really nice...


I've watched those too and a lot more... and it's being done not only for beauty I'm quite sure. It's to restore someone's self-esteem so that they'll be accepted in society again.

If cosmetic surgery will be criticized too much I think, its advancement will decline... :-|
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.



:-)
User avatar
Krisi
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 3710
Joined: Fri Jul 20, 2007 9:48 am
Location: house
Status: English Learner

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Oriani » Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:47 am

I don't know but I still like those kinds of surgeries.. I mean.. I want to do it,, but I know I don't need it.. I better keep it for my future (and save money for more important things, I hope) {-;
User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Oriani » Sun Jun 28, 2009 1:27 am

texassmart wrote:HI..

Cosmetic surgery means to have a surgical procedure for the purpose of improving your appearance. It is known as elective surgery, meaning that the patient chooses to have it although it is not essential.

Cosmetic surgery is different from plastic surgery, which is surgery to reconstruct or improve the appearance after injury or illness...


Well, in that cas it would be necessary. The cases of breast cancer; the ladies must have reconstruction becasue they lose their breasts: the need the cosmetic surgery so that they can have a proportional body and I think it would help them regarding to the emotional issues.
User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby droiyan » Thu Jul 02, 2009 9:01 am

I agree that perfact cosmetic can affect your life.
Everyone likes beautiful face and hot body, don't you?
Of course, I am satisfied with my face; it is the most present from my parents. {-: {-: {-:
droiyan
Member
 
Posts: 8
Joined: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:36 am
Status: English Learner

Re: Cosmetic Surgery!

Postby Oriani » Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:16 am

droiyan wrote:I agree that perfact cosmetic can affect your life.
Everyone likes beautiful face and hot body, don't you?
Of course, I am satisfied with my face; it is the most present from my parents. {-: {-: {-:


What a nice post XD
User avatar
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
 
Posts: 2061
Joined: Fri Feb 18, 2005 6:44 pm
Status: English Teacher

PreviousNext

Return to Ideas and Opinions

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 31 guests