EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Anorexia.

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Anorexia.

Postby Oriani » Mon Oct 06, 2008 9:31 pm

Hi people. First of all I apologize for not coming for a long time; I had forgotten my password :lol:

Ok, guys. Hav u ever heard about Anorexia? What do you know about it? What do you think about it? What do u advise regarding this disease??

Information

Pic 1
Pic 2
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Re: Anorexia.

Postby MissLT » Wed Oct 22, 2008 3:38 am

A result of low self-esteem, insecurity and obsession.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby TearHere » Wed Nov 12, 2008 11:39 am

hey there!! {-:

Same here..it's been like a year or so since I've visited englishclub... Missed this forum an awful lot! :-)

Anorexia is an eating disorder of psychiatric nature. Anorexics don't just starve themselves.. some even go for purging, vomiting or even excessive exercise just to control their body weight.

My prof once told us in our discussions that like bulimics, anorexics may have tooth decay. The enamel in their teeth is eroded because it is exposed to gastric acids when they vomit. :-|

I guess you've seen pictures of anorexics..I think that treatment will never be effective unless they face the problem. It takes time and a lot of psychiatric treatment i'd say..
When all else fails..don't stop.
TearHere
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:10 pm

Yes but for these people facing the problem is kind of hard because they are very closed and dont want to receive even a little bit of help... Suffer from this is very killful...
Oriani

Postby amor » Sun Dec 28, 2008 6:32 am

Oriani wrote:Yes but for these people facing the problem is kind of hard because they are very closed and dont want to receive even a little bit of help... Suffer from this is very killful...

make sense. :mrgreen:
amor
Silver Member

Postby Oriani » Sun Jan 04, 2009 2:45 am

Thanks, that is really helpful {-;
Oriani

Postby tron » Wed Jun 10, 2009 1:19 am

I guess that sometimes so-called peer pressure can be a factor, as it would seem that all models have to be extra slim, and then they think if they're not slim they're not gonna be chosen. Though in my case I really don't like the body of a woman who is anorexic, nor I like fat women, but in between.
tron
Silver Member

Postby hedwig14 » Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:07 am

Hi, it's good to be back here...
Anyways, the problem actually with anorexia is that those suffering it do not recognize that they have the illness. When they look at themselves in the mirror, they see somebody who's fat even though if you calculate their BMI, it's way below the normal.
ANorexics are different from bulimecs. Where anorexics are really thin and slim, bulimecs can be thin or have an average body size. When you are an anorexic you starve yourself.IN Bulimea, the patient may eat too much then leater on vomit it or take some laxative "too take away all that she or he has eaten".
You know, I think anorexia and bulimia have been a killer especially on us teens. In my opinion, the environment that a person is into plays a big role and could be a factor on why the person develops this illness. Take Barbie for example. (THis is not to put down Barbie)... If you see a barbie doll, how does it look like? It has a big head, a skinny and tall body... In short, it is not in proportion. When we were kids, we fancied about this dolls that we almost wanted or for some, wanted just to be and to look like them. Take the models also.We think that they are so sexy..But if we look deeper, we will know that they are not healthy, and we love them.
SUpport group is very important. An individual must accept herself or himself so that he/she has a strong ground and for him/her not to be laid away to the not-so-good world of anorexia...
I'm currently taking up BS Nursing and it's very important to know such because we could also be victims...
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby Oriani » Thu Jul 02, 2009 6:52 pm

You know what? You brought into this tipic a very important element of this desorder: the fact of having the "Barbie dall" as a role model. It is really aronical that barbies are used to entertain littel girls, I mean, since we are little girls, we have been 'forced' to follow an image that it is actually fake: the body, the expensive house, the expensive car and the handson boyfriend ( well, this is not so bad, LOL :lol: :lol: :lol: ).
Oriani

Postby Krisi » Fri Jul 03, 2009 2:44 am

Oriani wrote:You know what? You brought into this tipic a very important element of this desorder: the fact of having the "Barbie dall" as a role model. It is really aronical that barbies are used to entertain littel girls, I mean, since we are little girls, we have been 'forced' to follow an image that it is actually fake: the body, the expensive house, the expensive car and the handson boyfriend ( well, this is not so bad, LOL :lol: ).

Are you really a teacher of English? (just asking! I'm a spelling teacher!) :-)
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions