EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.


What is the latest book you have read recently?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby englishhelps » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:05 am

^Is it a good book? What's it about? I'm running out of books to read.
englishhelps
Gold Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby englishhelps » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:30 pm

I just finished re-reading "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham. :)
englishhelps
Gold Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby Dixie » Fri Sep 11, 2009 7:33 am

englishhelps wrote:I just finished re-reading "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham. :)


I own a copy. Read it last year and didn't like it. My mom, on the contrary, is a fan of Grisham, I believe she's read all his books.

A couple weeks ago I finished Paulo Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone, and now I'm reading Agatha Christie's The Secret Adversary. It's the first time I read Christie, and I like it so far.
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby Vega » Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:03 pm

I am reading "The old man and the sea" by E. Hemingway. I like the book, however it's a bit difficult because of many new words.
User avatar
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board
 
Posts: 2512
Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
Status: English Learner

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby englishhelps » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:06 pm

Dixie wrote:
englishhelps wrote:I just finished re-reading "Playing for Pizza" by John Grisham. :)


I own a copy. Read it last year and didn't like it. My mom, on the contrary, is a fan of Grisham, I believe she's read all his books.

A couple weeks ago I finished Paulo Coelho's The Winner Stands Alone, and now I'm reading Agatha Christie's The Secret Adversary. It's the first time I read Christie, and I like it so far.


Oh, your mom is a fellow Grisham fan! If she has a copy, I suggest you read "A time to kill", "Pelican Brief" and "The Firm". Those are my favorites. I like "Playing for Pizza" because I love sports and the story is different from what he usually writes.

I like Paulo Coelho. I haven't read that book though.
englishhelps
Gold Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby englishhelps » Sun Sep 13, 2009 4:07 pm

Xkalibur wrote:I am reading "The old man and the sea" by E. Hemingway. I like the book, however it's a bit difficult because of many new words.


Hemingway uses big words for poetic reasons. But you'll learn a lot. Just Google the definition of words that you don't understand and you should be fine. :)
englishhelps
Gold Member
 
Posts: 205
Joined: Thu Jun 25, 2009 8:13 am
Status: Other

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby Dixie » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:39 pm

englishhelps wrote:
Oh, your mom is a fellow Grisham fan! If she has a copy, I suggest you read "A time to kill", "Pelican Brief" and "The Firm". Those are my favorites. I like "Playing for Pizza" because I love sports and the story is different from what he usually writes.

I like Paulo Coelho. I haven't read that book though.


Well, since I've only read Playing for Pizza and Skipping Christmas I guess I can't judge. I loved the latter, by the way. If you say the former is different from his usual style, I guess I should give him another try ;-)
User avatar
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
 
Posts: 9856
Joined: Fri Jul 02, 2004 2:08 pm
Location: Catalunya
Status: English Teacher

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby monaji » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:18 am

I want to be professional in stock markets so now a days I'm reading ((technical analysis for stocks market))
the book is in Arabic in fact
monaji
Silver Member
 
Posts: 83
Joined: Wed Nov 07, 2007 10:42 pm
Location: there
Status: English Learner

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby Stefi » Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:38 pm

"Chasing Harry Winston"-by Lauren Weisberger-the bestselling autor of "The Devil Wears Prada".
User avatar
Stefi
Member
 
Posts: 11
Joined: Tue Dec 16, 2008 6:00 pm
Location: Bulgaria
Status: English Learner

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby MissLT » Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:19 am

Reading The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown and I'm falling asleep here. He's lost his touch!!!
User avatar
MissLT
Ethereal Member
 
Posts: 5911
Joined: Wed Apr 06, 2005 3:05 pm
Status: Other

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests