Constitutional Day 1 page synopsis

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

gura

Constitutional Day 1 page synopsis

Post by gura »

Hello. I went to the Constitutional Day ceremony at my college today. My assignment is to write a 1 page synopsis about this. I wrote about today, but I am not sure whether I have SV ageement issues or not, or I have other issues. Please provide me a suggestion. Thank you!!

US and Irish Constitutions: a celebration of Constitution Day

In 1776, the Declaration of Independence, primarily written by Thomas Jefferson, was adopted by the Continental Congress. In 1787, delegates wanted to create new formal of the government, which are strong and can respond effectively. On September 17, 1787, 55 delegates attended the Constitutional Convention in Liberty Hall, Philadelphia and 39 delegates signed the United States Constitution. The primary author was James Madison. Alexander Hamilton teamed with Madison and John Jay to write The Federalist Papers, writing 52 of the 85 essays. It ratified on June 21, 1778 and finally accepted in 1789.
The followings are central features of US Constitution. US Constitution has 7 short articles; these are organized and written how the constitution would work. Federal Supremacy operates conflict between federal and states. Transcendentalist is needed for trade, headed government, and decision making power. Bill of Rights , first 10 amendments, involves what freedom and liberties are. There are 27 amendments in the US Constitution. 1st and 5th amendments have 5 provisions. 2nd amendment has 2 provisions. 4th know be 4 you see a cup, which means reasonable condition. Also, 18th, 21th, and 12th and 22nd are also important.
7 articles are a presidential system. Article I provides Congress as bicameral legislature. Bicameral legislature consists House of Representative and Senate. In Georgia, people directly vote 13 of 435 House of Representatives, and the state legislatures vote 2 of 100 Senates according to 17th amendment. In 1930, people had ability of direct vote of Senate, but Alexander Hamilton said no. Article II is about the President and the Vice President. 15 electors from Georgia, number of our Representatives plus number of our Senators, are a member of electoral college, and they vote the President and the Vice President according to 12th amendment. Electors have to be hardworking and have to establish highly loyal member. Article III is about Supreme Court. There are nine Supreme Court Justice, which are the Chief Justice and eight Associate Justices. They are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. They are appointed for life, and common law with criminal, civil law courts based on Stare Decisis, which means let the decision stand.
There are several differences between Presidentialist and Parliamentary. The United States is federalist. Election is national popular election. It is 4-year terms. There are 2 Caps according to 22nd amendment. US feature is electoral college. Head of government has powers, that are symbol of National Unity or State, commander in Chief, Chief Administer, Presidential pardons, and other take care and execute powers. On the other hand, Republic of Ireland is Unitary. There is election of President. The President is voted by national popular, 7-year terms, two cap, and has to be at least 35 years old. Irish features are that there are no Vice President, Irish and northern Ireland voters, parliamentary system with both ceremonial, and some discretionary powers. The examples of discretionary powers are bill referral and dissolution.
There was the Easter Rebellion in 1916 for liberation of Ireland, which was against the rule of Great Britain. And then in 1937, Irish established Constitution by agreement with Great Britain. In 1949, full independent republic established. Allowing divorce and abortion required constitutional amendments in 1996 and 1992, but these are unconstitutional since Congress shall make no law of religion, which is the same as US 1st amendment. Chief of state is Uachtarain, President. Head of Government is Taoiseach, Prime Minister. There is STV, Single Transferable Vote, voting system. EU membership constitutional amendments in 1993.
gura

Re: Constitutional Day 1 page synopsis

Post by gura »

I made some numeric usage mistakes and some grammar mistakes. How does it look now?
Thank you!!

US and Irish Constitutions: a celebration of Constitution Day

In 1776, the Declaration of Independence, primarily written by Thomas Jefferson, was adopted by the Continental Congress. In 1787, delegates wanted to create a new formal of the government, which was strong and could respond effectively. On September 17, 1787, fifty-five delegates attended the Constitutional Convention in Liberty Hall, Philadelphia and thirty-nine delegates signed the United States Constitution. The primary author was James Madison. Writing fifty-two of the eighty-five essays, Alexander Hamilton teamed with Madison and John Jay to write The Federalist Papers. The Constitution ratified on June 21, 1778 and finally accepted in 1789.

The followings are central features of US Constitution. It has seven short articles, these are organized to show how the Constitution works. Federal Supremacy manages conflict between federal and states. Transcendentalism is needed for trade, headed government, and decision making power. The Bill of Rights , the first ten amendments, describes American freedoms. There are twenty-seven amendments in the US Constitution. The first and fifth amendments have five provisions. The second amendment has two provisions. Lastly, 18th, 21th, and 12th and 22nd are also important amendments to understand.

Seven articles are a presidential system. Article I provides Congress as bicameral legislature. Bicameral legislature consists House of Representative and Senate. In Georgia, people directly vote thirteen of four-hundred thirty five House of Representatives, and the state legislatures vote two of hundred Senates according to the seventeenth amendment. In 1930, people had ability of direct vote of Senate, but Alexander Hamilton said no. Article II is about the President and the Vice President. Fifteen electors from Georgia, number of our Representatives plus number of our Senators, are a member of electoral college, and they vote the President and the Vice President according to twelfth amendment. Electors have to be hardworking and have to establish highly loyal member. Article III is about Supreme Court. There are nine Supreme Court Justice, which are the Chief Justice and eight Associate Justices. They are appointed by the President and confirmed by the Senate. They are appointed for life, and common law with criminal, civil law courts based on Stare Decisis, which means let the decision stand.

There are several differences between Presidentialist and Parliamentary. The United States is federalist. Election is national popular election. It is four-year terms. There are two caps according to twenty-second amendment. US feature is electoral college. Head of government has powers, that are symbol of National Unity or State, commander in Chief, Chief Administer, Presidential pardons, and other take care and execute powers. On the other hand, Republic of Ireland is Unitary. There is election of President. The President is voted by national popular, seven-year terms, two cap, and has to be at least thirty-five years old. Irish features are that there are no Vice President, Irish and northern Ireland voters, parliamentary system with both ceremonial, and some discretionary powers. The examples of discretionary powers are bill referral and dissolution.

There was the Easter Rebellion in 1916 for liberation of Ireland, which was against the rule of Great Britain. And then in 1937, Irish established Constitution by agreement with Great Britain. In 1949, full independent republic established. Allowing divorce and abortion required constitutional amendments in 1996 and 1992, but these are unconstitutional since Congress shall make no law of religion, which is the same as US first amendment. Chief of state is Uachtarain, President. Head of Government is Taoiseach, Prime Minister. There is STV, Single Transferable Vote, voting system. EU membership constitutional amendments in 1993.