EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Grown-up children should look after their elderly parents.

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Konstantin » Mon Oct 15, 2007 6:39 am

Ded wrote:There are many children in our country whom have one parent. How do you think, must they care about his or her one parent(mother or father), who has grown his child all his life better or not?

I think - yes. If you really love your one parent, you have to care about him, if he needs for it.
Konstantin

Re: Grown-up children should look after their elderly parents.

Postby Krisi » Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:01 pm

If we find happiness in caring for others why can't we to our own parents. However, (I think) this cannot be carried out as a law because it is very depressing to the elderly if the child is unwilling. (Instead of living longer ... you know what I mean, don't you? :roll: )
click --> Happy Valentine!
always.

:-)
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Postby spaintaiwan » Fri Feb 22, 2008 1:51 pm

Be honest, it's quite controdictory. My personal experience is I did took after my Mom very well as she raised me up very hardly. I appreciate her a lot and nothing can describe how I'm grateful for her. But, ironically, I did nothing to my Dad as he never took his responsibility to the family when I was a child. His behavior hurt me a lot....
spaintaiwan

Postby Bambang » Fri Feb 22, 2008 4:15 pm

spaintaiwan wrote:Be honest, it's quite controdictory. My personal experience is I did took after my Mom very well as she raised me up very hardly. I appreciate her a lot and nothing can describe how I'm grateful for her. But, ironically, I did nothing to my Dad as he never took his responsibility to the family when I was a child. His behavior hurt me a lot....

But, he still is your father.
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby Annaa » Tue Jul 01, 2008 11:02 am

Yeah of course that we need to look after for our parents.Cuz only they cared for us,didn`t sleep at night for us,creid when we cried,smiled when me smiled,only they were happy when we were,only they were angry when we were angry.It`s our task to love them,to care for them and to look after for them cuz they are the best gift that God can send to a child.In my country 98 % or 99% of boys look after their parents,it`s a custom.
If you don`t like me remember it's mind over matter..I don't mind and you don't matter..
Annaa
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Bambang » Sat Aug 16, 2008 4:44 am

offspring wrote:I think that looking after elderly parents is a kind of appreciation for their effort to bring us up. Undoubtedly they sacrificed a lot during our growing up.
In addition, the day we will need our children's help is not so far. Therefore the personal example to our own children is the best way to teach them to take care for us later.

I couldn't agree more.
We're all friends, right?
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby mohamedadel » Mon Jun 08, 2009 6:18 pm

we must
mohamedadel

Postby hedwig14 » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:55 am

yup..they really should.. it's the best way to return what they have done for us when we were younger.
hedwig14
Gold Member

Postby SNAZZY » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:06 pm

Do you know when a man understands the real inner feelings of an elderly person or an aged person? When he himself become an aged person. Here I have mentioned words like man or himself which are also refering to a woman.Yes.Very few can understand the trauma what he goes through in his ripe-age or advanced age. For example a son realises his father's frustration when he's neglected by him when his son neglects him when he turns old. And this goes on and on generation after generation.Then what is the solution for this indifferent attitude? Should parents expect their children to look after them when they turn old?
You have to take me as an example. I'm in early fifties.Eventhough this is not an age to depend on children but even at the later stage I do not wish to depend on anybody that includes even my children. I even feel I will be disturbing them. Instead Ipray to God that let him bless me with good health and make me work till the last day of my life! One might ask me whether it is possible? My answer is BIG YES. Your mind is your age.There are many things you can do where you require mental strength not your physical strength. Your education also come handy. Dear Parents depend on yourseves and teach the same to your children. But one important factor don't foget. You have to keep yourself healthy. Shall we prove this to the world dear parents ?
SNAZZY FROM INDIA
SNAZZY

Postby Jessiejin » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:20 am

Of course. The grown-up children should look after their parents. As parents spend much time and energy in companying with their kids, especially in China. From a little small baby to a adult, parents contributes all the things that they cherish to their childrens.
Please don't hesitate to let me know my mistakes in grammar, vocabularies, or anything else. Thank you in advance.
Jessiejin

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion