EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 went to Obama

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 went to Obama

Postby Vega » Thu Oct 15, 2009 6:26 pm

Hello there,

Last week Nobel prize committee awarded Barack Obama (the U.S. president) for his efforts in strengthening the international diplomacy and cooperation between people.

http://nobelprize.org/nobel_prizes/peace/laureates/2009/press.html
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Re: The Nobel Peace Prize for 2009 went to Obama

Postby Danyet » Mon Oct 19, 2009 12:57 am

Obama is the most divisive president that the US has ever seen. The last person that should receive a prize for peace.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Vega » Tue Oct 20, 2009 5:17 pm

danyet wrote:Obama is the most divisive president that the US has ever seen. The last person that should receive a prize for peace.

Nevertheless, awarding Obama the Nobel peace prize is a sign of approval from international community's side of his politics, different from Bush's. However, in America this news caused doubtful joy, some journalists say he has not deserved it...some say it's too early for him a prize, because according to the rules of the Nobel prize committee candidature of a competitor should have been proposed a year ago, so his candidature was proposed after two weeks of his win in the president elections...At the same time, it is said that political life in America has become diverse and more citizens state their positions, and also that Obama has undertaken rescue of the American financial system and long-term re-structuring of economy.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Danyet » Tue Oct 27, 2009 7:56 pm

Obama has not even rescued the financial system. Actually very little money from the Stimulus has even been used! If it was so urgent to pass this Stimulus Bill, then why hasn't it been used? Answer: because it was a fraud from the beginning!

In reality Obama has not yet done anything! Except for his government takeover of some private companies. (he is a Marxist afterall) So far it is all talk. He was awarded the NObel simply because of his TALK.......not so amazing really when you consider that the peace prize was also given to a murderer called Yasser Arafat too! (So International approval really means nothing to me) and neither does this Peace Prize.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby vince90 » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:13 pm

That mean the Nobel Peace Prize is just a piece of garbage. Go and figure it out...
vince90
Platinum Member

Postby bardia » Tue Nov 03, 2009 12:54 pm

Obama is not that evil to be rebuked or that icon to be praised permanently.It seems the wisdom is in the middle.It,s better to let him do his efforts.there will be a long time to judge.Another point,have you ever pondered how cumbersome being president of u.s is.Sometimes we are unable to manage our home affairs let alone managing a superpower country!
bardia

Postby Danyet » Sat Nov 07, 2009 2:25 am

bardia wrote:Obama is not that evil to be rebuked or that icon to be praised permanently.

Yes he is very evil!
bardia wrote:It,s better to let him do his efforts.there will be a long time to judge.

Better not to let him do his efforts. All of his efforts are very bad for America and against our laws.
Danyet
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Sat Nov 14, 2009 8:16 pm

vince90 wrote:That mean the Nobel Peace Prize is just a piece of garbage. Go and figure it out...

:shock: Don't tell me you were voting for...., Vince? Nah, you didn't!!! Did you??
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Vega » Mon Nov 16, 2009 7:56 pm

danyet wrote:
bardia wrote:Obama is not that evil to be rebuked or that icon to be praised permanently.

Yes he is very evil!
bardia wrote:It,s better to let him do his efforts.there will be a long time to judge.

Better not to let him do his efforts. All of his efforts are very bad for America and against our laws.

He is not evil absolutely, I think....I'm sure if he were the pr. of my country, things would be different, more better...maybe we should rent him. :lol:
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby vince90 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:40 pm

MissLT wrote:
vince90 wrote:That mean the Nobel Peace Prize is just a piece of garbage. Go and figure it out...

:shock: Don't tell me you were voting for...., Vince? Nah, you didn't!!! Did you??

Nah! Actually I did not vote since I don’t like any of them. :evil:
vince90
Platinum Member

Next

Return to Current News