EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Do you believe that our dreams mean something?

Postby romario » Sat Apr 11, 2009 7:50 am

If you dream, it definitely means that you're asleep {-;
romario

Postby rexsunny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:15 pm

Although I don't believe that, It's sometimes does. When I was a kid, I have had a dream that I picked one thousand dollars when I went to school. After that, I really pick one thousand dollars on my way to school. And now, I never make a dream, so I don't believe it now.
rexsunny

No, I don't.

Postby rexsunny » Wed Jun 03, 2009 1:19 pm

Although I don’t believe that, It’s sometimes does. When I was a kid, I have had a dream that I picked one thousand dollars when I went to school. After that, I really pick one thousand dollars on my way to school. And now, I never make a dream, so I don’t believe it now.
rexsunny

Postby rexsunny » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:50 pm

Many people believe that their dreams mean something or represent something is going to happen. Therefore, there is an activity in folk which is called "dream-decoding".

I don't believe that dreams mean something, but it has ever come true at once. When I was a kid, I have had a dream. I picked one thousand dollars on the way I went to school. After that, I really pick one thousand dollars on my way to school. And now, I never have a dream, so I don't believe it now.

On the whole, I think what we dream means what we think in reality. When we put honest in mind, we may get a good repayment.
rexsunny

Postby Seafarer » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:14 pm

I wonder how many times more this topic will be posted.
Seafarer
Gold Member

Postby sadmoon » Tue Aug 25, 2009 1:21 am

I always dream of having myself in conditions opposite to what i like. During the days of studying for exams there was a dream that kept haunting me in which I am to be late or not able to write .... :-| I think it has to do with our fea {-; rs and the stress we may have under certain circumstances. It acts also as a flashback as we sometimes see mixed things of childhood like a memory that highlights what stocked in our mind from reality and one's imagnation.
sadmoon

Postby taisir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:56 pm

not all dreams mean something, but just the one that can be retrieved by the dreaming humanbeing can only have a meaning when a practitioner dream interpreter describes it. this very one may predict the future of the dreaming human being if its interpreted properly
taisir

Postby Vimo » Wed Nov 11, 2009 9:41 am

Honestly, i forget my dreams directly after i wake up :mrgreen: !

But i deem that the dreams indicate for something in the foreseeable future that the person really wants.
Vimo

Postby AustralianDream » Fri Dec 04, 2009 5:57 pm

Sure, I think our dreams mean a lot of things to us, even if they didn't come true. But if we stopped dreaming I think we would die.
Sometimes my dreams or some of them came true, but also they didn't come true other times.

But anyway I am still dreaming and I will dream because I have a faith that my great dream will come true.
AustralianDream

Postby halfknot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:59 pm

Does anyone know from a reliable source what provokes the dreams? I sometimes dream things that I couldn't have imagined awake. I think that they depend on what stresses me/ what I want/ I did/ what matters, but I'm not too confident on this theory
halfknot
Silver Member

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion