EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Will there be enough food for everyone?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Will there be enough food for everyone?

Postby TalkingPoint » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:27 pm

If the population continues to increase there will come a point in the future when the earth will not be able to produce enough food to support the human race.

Do YOU agree :?:
TalkingPoint
EC Teacher
EC Teacher

Re: Will there be enough food for everyone?

Postby myonyuntmaw » Mon Dec 07, 2009 4:58 am

Most of us would say "yes"on the topic as shortage of food is an alarming problem for people all over the world. The number of population has been increasing like tide.

I think we will have to face this shortage of food ,to some extent, although some back- up plans and some advanced technology has been of use.For instance,genetically modified food has replaced most of the unhealthy species.Agricultural methods have been updated to be able to cater the demands of hungry people.

Well, do we have a choice?
We should keep on researching for the new ways and means to prevent such problem.Then, we will not be blamed on by the next generation for not leaving enough food for them.
myonyuntmaw

Postby sdlucy » Mon Dec 07, 2009 5:23 am

I don't think there would be enough food for everyone .Even the tecnology and culture increased jerky and rapidly .As we all know the resource of the earth is imited .nowadays the problem we faced not only food but also water and other energy .
We know evn in such days there are many people who couldn't have enough food and they live in poverty .they have no food and water to offer.
so personally ,I don't think there will be enoght food for everyone infuture even in this moment .
sdlucy

Postby halfknot » Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:51 pm

There are lot of people starving nowadays, too. But not because of the amount of food in the world, because of the lack of money. So, even if we multiply, as long as you have money, food will be an insignificant problem. However, the food could get more expensive.
halfknot
Silver Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Dec 15, 2009 4:36 am

Yes, only if we all turn vegan.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby anuu » Fri Apr 09, 2010 10:04 pm

well, maybe not the lack of food will be the problem..i think that more than this we should worried about the water. even though the earth is a "water planet", it is a salt water and we are not able to drink it...people are finding the good way to save the good condition of the soil, rescue the forest and so on. so yes, there will be the problem, but with the water resource.
anuu

Postby balest » Fri Oct 15, 2010 4:07 pm

I don't think the problem is that we don't have enough food, in my opinion in developed countries some people spend a lot

of money on dietes which mean we eat more than we need on the other hand some companies and farmers throw away

or burn the products in order to increase artificially prices.
we should farm the seabed te produce vegetables and fishes and think about how many kilogrames of vegetables we need

to turn into a kilogram of meat.
once we have considered those things we'll see we'll have food for a long time
balest

Postby Aimee » Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:34 am

Of course food is not a problem. World is full of resources though we destroy and pollute the nature. Poverty is the main problem today. This is because of corruption. So Money gets stagnated with one part of people in the world.This is what the reason to see extremely rich people and extremely poor people. This is also the reason for the increasing prices of products. This is my point of view.
Aimee

Postby JaneEyre » Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:40 am

Hi,,

I think if people continue to grow, we will witness famine on a larger scale. if we think about it, now we have enough food for everybody on our planet but still in Africa and other places people die of hanger. It is complicated, there is enough food but we have a proplem with distributing this food. tecnology i think will be one solution for this problem as we witness an increasing development in the genetically modified crops although this technique needs a lot of experiments and time so we can be fully aware of its effects and hazards beside other issues related to it.
JaneEyre
Silver Member

Postby Krisi » Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:38 pm

No. People will learn new ways how to solve the problem. We are all by nature resourceful creatures. Even small animals learn ways how to solve their own problems why can't we.
Krisi
Ethereal Member

Next

Return to Talking Point Discussion