EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

love or money

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

love or money

Postby jiangpeiyu » Tue Dec 15, 2009 1:49 am

Money and love are very important.If you can only choose one,Choose what you want?
I want money,beacuse money is useful than love.Do you think?
jiangpeiyu

Re: love or money

Postby Vega » Thu Dec 17, 2009 6:05 pm

very silly question.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby kathymimi » Fri Dec 18, 2009 9:14 am

There is a word that "Money is not everything, but without it you can do nothing."

Love is that one you can not buy from money. You may have money but you can not have the world, but if you have love, it seems that you have the whole world.
kathymimi

Postby sweets » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:37 am

old people in my place say "if poverty come love go" but i do not agree with that but sometimesshortage of money can be problem for love
sweets
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Oriani » Sun Dec 27, 2009 10:05 pm

Not a that silly question!! I'd say "both are important".. we need money to eat, to wear, etc...we need love to live... even when there are people who affirm they do not need it at all but when u really want something, to accomplish something in life, to reach a goal, that's passion and even love ( success). So, what's wrong joining both love and money?? It's not a sin unless you get it from wrong ways ( drugs, etc)

See u, guys!
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby Vega » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:37 am

How can you compare a feeling with a piece of paper or metal?
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Bambang » Thu Dec 31, 2009 4:56 pm

Neither. I have both already.
Bambang
Polished Diamond Member

Postby SuMoNe » Fri Feb 12, 2010 1:29 am

Xkalibur wrote:How can you compare a feeling with a piece of paper or metal?

coz we r human beings in a real life & many face this kind of comparision (or let's say problem) almost everyday, even though it's between 2 different things (feelings & materials) ..As we sometimes have to choose between emotions & logic, black & white in which there's no gray choice! ..etc

I agree with most of u guys, both are important.Both r required in every human's life. Love will do nothing while ppl r starving, & Money can't buy everything! It's not a silly Qs, but a tough one. However, if I have to choose then it's according to the circumstance & wether the choice deserves this kind of sacrifice or not..
SuMoNe
Silver Member

Postby lyphan » Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:06 pm

my answer is love. I believe in love.
in my past life, i could live in term of shortage of money, but i could not live without love.
I wonder that my conception is yours or not. In my opinion, love includes the love between a man and a woman, the love between family member, and the love between friends. I haven't had any boyfriend, but i appreciate the love between family members and friends.
4 years ago, when I missed the entrance to university, i was over-pessimistic that i had though of the death. My parents and my brother, my friends recommended me so much, give true eyes, and I get over the problem. Now, I'm a third -year student of a famous university in my country that i had never though of before.
so, love helps you boots your morale even you are at the worst situation. Money is so important, but is not every thing.
lyphan
Silver Member

Postby hulya » Wed Aug 18, 2010 12:19 pm

ı think bot of them are important.but u cant live without money.but you live without love..(a very depressive life)
hulya

Next

Return to Ideas and Opinions