EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Everybody is phobic about something

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: Everybody is phobic about something

Postby Vega » Thu Oct 29, 2009 7:02 pm

yiuho wrote:I feel very shy when I speak to public, always can't talk smoothly...I don't know how to overcome it, I wonder if you could help me.

Try NLP courses in your city. Or read some Dale Carnegie's books (Public Speaking and Influencing Men in Business, Public Speaking for Success, etc.)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby kittyhoang » Sun Nov 01, 2009 1:52 pm

Jessiejin wrote:
kittyhoang wrote:Yes, it is correct for me.
I am afraid of water. I feel dizzy when I am in front of the sea or on the bridge. In my hometown, there are many "monkey" bridges. I cannot be over these bridges.

it's very strange. I think few person are afraid of it. What happened on you?

Thanks. It is okay, there is nothing happened. I am still alive.

There are some people afraid of something oddly. It is normal.
kittyhoang

Postby lyphan » Mon Mar 29, 2010 11:13 am

So true to me. I'm afraid of so many things.
Firstly I can't stand staying alone because I'm afraid of ghost.
Secondly I'm afraid that someone especially my family members or my friends angry with me or leave me no reason.
Thirdly I'm frightened of darkness, cats, and snakes.
lyphan
Silver Member

Postby mimilla » Wed Mar 31, 2010 8:30 pm

In what concerns me, I am phobic about more than one thing, first thing that frighten me is high places, I feel dizzy and like I am going to fall down, second thing I am afraid of is darkness, my last phobia is about dead people, I know that is crazy because they cannot do anything to anyone, however I get scared by thinking of them :s :s
mimilla

Postby anuu » Fri Apr 09, 2010 9:39 pm

im terrified when i see spiders..even on the sheet of paper!those legs, brrr...one day when i woke up, i saw one of them over my head...!after that i moved to my grandma cause i had nightmares and a feeling that they are dropping on my head..!sometimes i thing that maybe i will have problems with that in the future cause this phobia is getting bigger every year...what is funny im going to be a biologist one day..;)oh!and i hate bugs too!
so i think that everyone is afraid of something..recently i was reading about a boy who is frightened of snow!and another who cant stand flowers..!that is really weird, dont you think..?
anuu

Postby coolg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 1:11 pm

I don't really know if my changing fears can be classified among "phobias". I can discover my real scares after every situations in my life. So, my current fear is about taking decision. And I wonder why it gives me so much anxiety.
coolg

Postby abcdefgh » Sun Aug 22, 2010 7:10 am

Phobias do exist but once you learn to handle them, they no longer scare you. When I am familiar with something or somebody, I don't fear from it. For example, in India, I have seen the street magicians playing with snakes. Public speaking scares me but once I prepare to speak in public, I feel comfortable. It is necessary to know what you fear from and then how the fear can be handled. :-D
abcdefgh

Postby msaabneh » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:17 am

i think my phobia is the weirdest one here. i got terrified when i got close to someone or something (especially expensive things) because i thought that person would think that i would steal sth from him.however, i overcame that.thank god. 0_o
msaabneh

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 10:29 am

Yes I agree. Now adays everyone is phobic and they should be, because now adays everywhere such an environment is made that everyone has a fear in his/her heart
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby alexandra » Fri Dec 06, 2013 5:07 pm

In my point of view every person is afraid of something, but he or she isn't tell us about it. Why? Because they want to be seen as brave. People scared about many things, but I don't think it is at once phobia in every human.
alexandra

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion