EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Vega » Fri Nov 10, 2006 1:57 pm

sar wrote:
Laxuan wrote:I think nobody want to die so why they need to choose how to die. In any situations, we should struggle to survive.

I am agree, because, death is natural, like life itself.

I agree with you absolutely. If someone wanna die, why
need to prevent it, this is his/here decision and only
he/she will responsible before God.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby Sunnypk » Tue Nov 14, 2006 4:23 pm

I dont think that people have the right to choose he can't take decision itself. I haven't deepen information about that topic.. but I waana must say that it's all in the hand of God. because someone has said that the iife is too short we should be appreciate the life.
Sunnypk
Platinum Member

Postby rodyy » Sat Jan 13, 2007 1:31 pm

at first i don;t thing that the peaple have the right to die whatever they want as the human peaple is the pest cruter in the univers to the god every material every animal every thing in the univers is on the human servis after all we come to say i wanna to die just beacous we are abset
second i have somthing to say to the gust how said that he reed the religous books and it made him sick !!!!!!!!!
did you nuderstand really what is written in thes books ?? i don't think so !!!!
if you really reed them and understand it you will find the oppiset of what you get in your mind and it's not the books's wrong that the peaple misunderstand it or that the peaple dosen't work with it it's the peaple fault
iam sorry for beeing so long on you all but realy i was want to say alot of talking to that pearson how got sick from the religous books!!!!!!
rodyy

Have a right to die

Postby Lac » Thu Jan 18, 2007 6:51 am

Everyone has the right to die. The most important thing is how to die ? Theoretically, we all respect the freedom to choose of every body, every human being, provided that their freedom would not be against with others' interests. There're deaths called "hero" when somebodoy laid down his or her life for the lofty targets. And there're also some deaths not worthy of being heroic.
Some of you said no one really wants to die. To me there're apparently lots of reasons to die for vindicating one's deeds. We dont know clearly which act is right or wrong of death-seeking persons. We absolutely respect their own choice. But at the same time, we should not leave them alone before their mind sprouting the idea of killing by themselves.
Probably that's the reason why many countries do not permit doctors to "give the final favour injection" to the hopeless patients.
Seeking a proper death (martyrs, soldiers in the battlefield...)is synonymous with honor ; yet the courage of persons who have "right to die" ocassionaly is regarded as insaneness when they intentionalyy do it.
Lac
Silver Member

Postby Lac » Thu Jan 18, 2007 10:21 am

rodyy wrote:at first i don;t thing that the peaple have the right to die whatever they want as the human peaple is the pest cruter in the univers to the god every material every animal every thing in the univers is on the human servis after all we come to say i wanna to die just beacous we are abset
second i have somthing to say to the gust how said that he reed the religous books and it made him sick !!!!!!!!!
did you nuderstand really what is written in thes books ?? i don't think so !!!!
if you really reed them and understand it you will find the oppiset of what you get in your mind and it's not the books's wrong that the peaple misunderstand it or that the peaple dosen't work with it it's the peaple fault
iam sorry for beeing so long on you all but realy i was want to say alot of talking to that pearson how got sick from the religous books!!!!!!

oh sorry. Your post has so much English mistakes. I can't understand well. Maybe I'm not good at English ?
Lac
Silver Member

Postby rodyy » Thu Jan 18, 2007 5:58 pm

lac i don't know if you know english well or not :?
and i don't care if my writ's now righit or wrong becouse iam still learning english 8)
and if you want to tell anybody about his mistake pleas be more gentel :twisted: :twisted:
rodyy

Postby hung » Fri Jan 19, 2007 4:12 am

Rodee, I dunno understand yer rightin' 2. right it in proper Englis plz. :lol:
hung
Silver Member

Re: Do people have the right to die how they choose?

Postby FOREVER » Wed Apr 28, 2010 2:09 pm

WE CAME TO THIS WORLD WITHOUT ASKING FOR THAT WE MUST THANK OUR CREATOR BECAUSE LIFE IS BEAUTIFUL AND WORTH LIVING........SO OUR LIFE IS NOT ONLY OURS WE CANNOT MAKE AN END TO IT..........
IF YOU BELIEVE THAT THERE IS A CREATOR , JUDGEMENT , THEN A NEW LIFE WHICH MAY BE BETTER OR WORSE .........YOU HAVE ALSO TO BELIEVE THAT YOUR LIFE IS NOT YOURS YOU ARE HERE IN THIS WORLD FOR A MISSION TO DO GOOD AND ONLY GOOD..ON THIS PLANET
IN SHORT, I THINK ENDING ONE'S LIFE IS A SELFISH ACT..........
FOREVER

Postby olgav » Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:47 pm

gill wrote:
TP wrote:If people have the right to live how they choose, do they also have the right to die how they choose?

absolutely. as we have right to live we have right not to live.

I fully agree with gill, we must have the right of choice for our death
olgav

Postby coolg » Wed Jun 30, 2010 8:44 am

With all my respect for your beliefs, I fully believe in God. So, I have faith in God's creation and in all his organizations of our lives.

Just my personal point of view :-)
coolg

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion