EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The latest movie you've seen

Films & cinema, music & songs--past & present.

Moderator: Vega

Re: The latest movie you've seen

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:48 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
MissLT wrote:Salt and Despicable Me.

Salt is amazing. Ooooh, the way she kills is so wicked, so dark. I've seen it twice and will go see it again tomorrow. If you like action movies, you should see Salt.

With Angelina Julie?

Yes. They say she and her kids are in Russia right now to promote the movie. Everyone in the movie makes Russian sound so sexy. :mrgreen:

OT: Josef, can we have a smiley with little hearts sparkling everywhere?
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Sun Jul 25, 2010 6:53 pm

Dixie wrote:
MissLT wrote:Salt is amazing. Ooooh, the way she kills is so wicked, so dark. I've seen it twice and will go see it again tomorrow. If you like action movies, you should see Salt.

You forgot to mention you absolutely adore Angelina Jolie :mrgreen:

Although I do LOVE LOVE LOVE her and her acting I couldn't watch Changeling in theater more than once. The story was too sad for me to take, and I hate crying. I've watched it many times at home though. It's easier to cry when you have no makeup on and when you're completely comfortable in your own space without worrying oh gosh, is my mascara running it's supposed to be waterproof are my eyes too puffy blah blah blah, you know.

Salt is different. It's all about action with story in it. If you like action movies like I do, you'll enjoy Salt. Well, some jerks at IMDB keep saying she's sickly thin to make it believable. Whatever. They haven't been punched by a bony girl or a martial artist so they don't know what they're talking about. Besides, she does fight very dirty in this movie. Too dirty it's so dark and wicked. Oh, there's one scene oh my gosh she's... nah, watch the movie. I won't spoil you with details. :lol:
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Vega » Sun Jul 25, 2010 7:49 pm

MissLT wrote:Yes. They say she and her kids are in Russia right now to promote the movie. Everyone in the movie makes Russian sound so sexy. :mrgreen:

Yes, I saw her in the news. She was in a red dress. Still beautiful. :-) ..Apart from that, the release of the film has incidentally coincided with Russian spy story in America (Chapman and her friends. :-) ..A good premise for promotion.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby MissLT » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:19 pm

Xkalibur wrote:
MissLT wrote:Yes. They say she and her kids are in Russia right now to promote the movie. Everyone in the movie makes Russian sound so sexy. :mrgreen:

Yes, I saw her in the news. She was in a red dress. Still beautiful. :-) ..Apart from that, the release of the film has incidentally coincided with Russian spy story in America (Chapman and her friends. :-) ..A good premise for promotion.

Yeah. I heard that sleeper agent now is a hero in Russia. I don't know how accurate this story is. It's still quite cool. A sleeper agent. Hmm... I heard Salt is banned in China because of this issue as well. China doesn't do well with spies as they have spies all over the world. Well, same with other powerful countries like the US, UK, Russia, Japan, Korea, etc. Therefore, I don't understand why they would ban it. Their loss, I guess.
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby MissLT » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:25 pm

leonardoD wrote:Just yesterday i have seen Inception and it is mind blowing...

On your first try only? Wow, you're pretty smart. I was thinking of watching it last week right after Salt but then I heard it's very complicated. I went online to check out the plot and got a headache just by reading it. I'm half wanting to see it and half not. The plot is very original in my opinion yet too difficult to understand for simple minded and easily confused people like me. I guess I'm gonna wait for it to be out on DVD. This way I can rewatch the sh!t many times without spending too much money on it. :-? ............
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:31 am

MissLT wrote:Although I do LOVE LOVE LOVE her and her acting I couldn't watch Changeling in theater more than once. The story was too sad for me to take, and I hate crying. I've watched it many times at home though. It's easier to cry when you have no makeup on and when you're completely comfortable in your own space without worrying oh gosh, is my mascara running it's supposed to be waterproof are my eyes too puffy blah blah blah, you know.

You're absolutely right. I love Changeling as well, but I must say I always suffer a lot when I watch it.

I think it's a great movie and Angelina is great in it. Soooo I guess I will watch Salt ;-)
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby MissLT » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:06 pm

Well, I dragged everyone I know to the theater to watch Salt with me because I wanted to support Angie. Unfortunately, some of them didn't like it. They said it was too unrealistic despite claiming to be as realistic as possible; she could have died many times in that movie blah blah blah (they're the same people who didn't like Wanted because of the same reason). Gladly, they said nothing about her acting, though. I'd put up a nasty fight if they did say something about her acting in this movie. She was amazing in it.
If you like her movies because of her acting, you'd like this one. I've watched it five times and still hooked every single time. :D
MissLT
Ethereal Member

Postby Dixie » Tue Aug 03, 2010 11:36 pm

MissLT wrote:If you like her movies because of her acting, you'd like this one. I've watched it five times and still hooked every single time. :D

You've gone to the movies 5 times to watch Salt? Wow it must be good. I'm definitely going to watch it :mrgreen:
Dixie

Postby jayarjelyndon » Fri Aug 06, 2010 7:31 am

Hi, all the latest movie I've been watched a while ago is the Hong Kong movie," Magic Kitchen". It was really a great comedy-drama that I've been watched this day.And I am planning to watch it again when my parents have already arrived here in our house.
jayarjelyndon

Postby MissLT » Sat Aug 07, 2010 8:48 am

Dixie wrote:
MissLT wrote:If you like her movies because of her acting, you'd like this one. I've watched it five times and still hooked every single time. :D

You've gone to the movies 5 times to watch Salt? Wow it must be good. I'm definitely going to watch it :mrgreen:

:mrgreen: Well, I hadn't gone to the theater for a long time. I've watched all the new movies online, so I never felt the need to watch them in the theater. It's a waste of money to me since most of them suck, except Harry Potter and Iron Man; these are awesome.

Now I've watched Salt ten times already. Yeah, I know I sound like a psycho fan. On the quite sane side, I hope, I only paid once for the last 5 times although I did buy a huge Coke in the theater. That thing was literally 2 liters and costed half the price of a movie ticket; this is why I don't go to the theater because of their ridiculous charges. I drank it during the movie. Then restroom. Then sneaked in another room to watch it. Drank it during movie. Restroom. Sneaked in another one... the cycle went on for five times. I got in early in the morning and came out about 10 hours later; it was twilight. So tired! It felt like work except much much much more enjoyable! :geek: I just couldn't get enough of her....
MissLT
Ethereal Member

PreviousNext

Return to Music & Movies