EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Are people happier in hot countries?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Postby Laxuan » Fri Mar 31, 2006 5:34 am

I think the weather doesn't affect your behavior much so wherever you are if you are an active, energetic and flexible person you are always in good mood.
Laxuan
Silver Member

Postby Boris » Fri Apr 07, 2006 8:09 pm

I’m happy that I live in cold country. I have 5 month snowboard season. :lol:
Boris
Silver Member

Re: Are people happier in hot countries?

Postby elsastar » Sat Jun 06, 2009 8:16 am

Weather affects mood and memory. On a sunny day, everything looks hopefully. The bright sun lit up the meadow. The azure sky make you are in a good mood. Sunny day is the opposite of rain. Rainy day and overcast always make people feel upset easily. Generally speaking, most people of hot countries are optimistic. Although the weather was lazy, the people seem happy. So, I think the most people are happier in hot countries.
elsastar

Postby elsastar » Wed Jun 17, 2009 12:39 pm

Do you like summer? In hot countries, every day is summer. The weather affects our mood and memory. First, everything looks hopeful on a sunny day. When the sun shine is bright and warm, we look at the azure sky and the bright sun lights up the meadow. It makes us in a good mood. On the other hand, rainy day and overcast always make people upset easily. Then, we can discover that the most people living in hot countries are optimistic. In brief, people are happy because they have a good mood. So, I believe that people live in hot countries are happier.
elsastar

Postby taisir » Mon Sep 28, 2009 7:39 pm

sure the temprature has a lot to do with people's mood, as for my small town people never go to see each other most of the summer when tempratures exceed 45C meaning they are less happy. where as others would not go out on winters depending on each country and it's weather. the least thing you hate about hot weather is sweating all day long which we experience half of the year
taisir

Postby doxology » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:51 pm

:geek: well, I dont think so

I am from a hot country, and there are lots of ppl who feel sad

Actually, it is a nature of human kind to feel a mixture of happiness and sadness

I wont like my life if it is always happy or always sad, it seems as there is nothing to stive to get,no goal, no motives.

Regarding cold climate, may be becoze they miss the sun :lol:

while in hot countries sun always shine, heh I notice ppl in England feel very happy when

summer comes :-o
doxology

Postby AustralianDream » Thu Dec 03, 2009 10:05 pm

Well, I think the happiness doesn't depend on the country or the climate, but depends on the surrounding environment.
AustralianDream

Postby nino » Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:12 pm

yes i was living in turkey and i am happy.it sunny days starts in april finishes in october in turkey.now i am living in london and it always rains. i can be depressive in the mornings.
nino

Postby hulya » Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:50 am

yes sunny days make people energetic and lively.ı live in turkey and cold climate restricts people to do a lot of activites.of course happiness depends on people ownself.but my idea is like thatt!
hulya

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion