EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

How do you learn best?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: How do you learn best?

Postby beakonhouse » Thu Sep 03, 2009 12:31 pm

If I just listen to the subject or the word, I don´t memorise, it´s very important to me to study using another things like writing or drawing. I think that when I see pictures I learn more easily.

Joyce Bonna
beakonhouse

Postby ngoclinhnguyen » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 am

I am not a smart person so I have to spend a lot of time to learn. The best way for me is hardworking. Looking for myself to find the way that I can keep your knowledge the best and do not stop to try. I think you should keep moving forward, it is the key for success
ngoclinhnguyen

Postby Abdulkader » Thu Dec 31, 2009 2:31 pm

Reading
Abdulkader

Postby dominika » Fri Dec 10, 2010 10:05 pm

I think that having flexibility in learning styles is important, because it diversifies our learning an makes it interesting even pleasant.For some learning chemistry or physics is means long and painful war, but if we know how to learn some subject,it become very easy and fast and task. Different subjects needs another types of learn. It would be hard to learn mathms by making pictures or just listening and repeating rules, although it would be also unpossible to learn foregin languages without listening ang speaking. Hovewer it not so easy to match styles of learn to different subject, it requires lot of time and work. I wonder if it's not teached in schools,that would be really useful and web in life.
dominika

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Fri Dec 17, 2010 10:38 am

What I'll answer now it's obvious but the true: The most important way to learn English is take a plane to USA or England, search a job there and settle down, at least, for a five years.

I've taken English lessons from a couple of schools here in my country and I consider what I've said is the best: Living through a season in the USA or England. The best way, no doubt.

Best regards from Catalonia. :-D
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby adin » Sun Feb 27, 2011 4:46 am

TalkingPoint wrote:How do you learn best?

Do you learn best when the teacher explains something to you? Do you like doing listening exercises in class? Do you find it easier to learn when you draw pictures or diagrams to help you? Different people have different styles of learning. What's your style? What makes it easy for you to learn?

Do you agree that having flexibility in your learning styles is more important than knowing what your preferred learning style is?

I learn best when I do understand what people say. I like to argue the point being told to make sure that I understand. Arguing and criticizing are two things I love in learning.
adin

Postby Tahir » Fri May 27, 2011 10:31 am

Reading understanding .........
Tahir

Postby svlkrmzn » Fri May 27, 2011 9:48 pm

practice practice practice...
repeating sth you learned 3 times is suggested by our beloved prophet Hz.Muhammed(SAV).
so i think this is the most important thing to be done in learning..
svlkrmzn

Previous

Return to Talking Point Discussion