EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What is the latest book you have read recently?

Talk about books and writers here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Re: What is the latest book you have read recently?

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Fri Dec 17, 2010 4:37 pm

The latest book I read was Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. In the last months I read three books from the same author: The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. The Trilogy of Millenium by Stieg Larsson was in my hands not long ago.

All of them totally recommended. {-:
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Fri Dec 17, 2010 9:29 pm

ArnauEstanyol wrote:The latest book I read was Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. In the last months I read three books from the same author: The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. The Trilogy of Millenium by Stieg Larsson was in my hands not long ago.

I've read all of them except Fall of the Giants, which I'm expecting to read soon. Is it as good as The Pillars of the Earth?
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Sat Dec 18, 2010 4:03 pm

Dixie wrote:
ArnauEstanyol wrote:The latest book I read was Fall of Giants by Ken Follett. In the last months I read three books from the same author: The Pillars of the Earth and World Without End. The Trilogy of Millenium by Stieg Larsson was in my hands not long ago.

I've read all of them except Fall of the Giants, which I'm expecting to read soon. Is it as good as The Pillars of the Earth?

Hi
Happy to read you again.
Fall of the Giants is a recommendable book, but, sincerely I prefer The Pillars of the Earth, even World Without End!!!. Fall of the Giants lacks the depth and definition of the characters that Ken Follett gave to the Pillars of the Earth.
By the other hand, all what I say is my personal opinion. You know this is very subjective.
Bye!! :-D
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 6:35 pm

ArnauEstanyol wrote:Hi
Happy to read you again.
Fall of the Giants is a recommendable book, but, sincerely I prefer The Pillars of the Earth, even World Without End!!!. Fall of the Giants lacks the depth and definition of the characters that Ken Follett gave to the Pillars of the Earth.
By the other hand, all what I say is my personal opinion. You know this is very subjective.

Well, I absolutely loved The Pillars of the Earth but didn't enjoy World Without End as much. I think Fall of the Giants won't be any better, so I won't hurry to get it. I will read it eventually some time.

Loved Larsson's trilogy as well.
Dixie

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:05 pm

Dixie wrote:
ArnauEstanyol wrote:Hi
Happy to read you again.

Well, I absolutely loved The Pillars of the Earth but didn't enjoy World Without End as much. I think Fall of the Giants won't be any better, so I won't hurry to get it. I will read it eventually some time.

Loved Larsson's trilogy as well.

Ok
Has you seen The Pillars of the Earth on television?
If your answer is affirmative, what's your opinion?
About Larsson: Is a pity he died. We lost a great writer that we have known too late.
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:22 pm

ArnauEstanyol wrote:
Ok
About Larsson: Is a pity he died. We lost a great writer that we have known too late.

I didn't see it on TV; I directly downloaded it and burned it into DVDs. I usually do that with TV series and watch them comfortably from my couch. :mrgreen: I did like it, of course, it very accurate, although of course I always like the books best.
Dixie

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Mon Dec 20, 2010 12:01 pm

Dixie wrote:
ArnauEstanyol wrote:
Ok

I didn't see it on TV; I directly downloaded it and burned it into DVDs. I usually do that with TV series and watch them comfortably from my couch. :mrgreen: I did like it, of course, it very accurate, although of course I always like the books best.

Oh, great!! It's exactly what I do with the movies I like. But as you, I prefer a good book than a film, mainly because it's very difficult express the history of a book into a movie. All movies I've saw based upon a success book it has been, for me, a disappointment. The first film I saw based in a book was "The fourth Protocol" written by Frederick Forsyth, one of the my favourites writers. Once read the novel, the film sucks. Other example is the Millenium trilogy: the books very good, but the films....
I want thank you for your kindness. Excuse my spelling mistakes...
Merry Christmas an VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby Dixie » Mon Dec 20, 2010 5:10 pm

ArnauEstanyol wrote:I want thank you for your kindness. Excuse my spelling mistakes...
Merry Christmas an VERY HAPPY NEW YEAR !!!

Merry Christmas to you too ;-)
Dixie

Postby Kattie » Sun Feb 06, 2011 4:42 pm

hello, everyone!
a way back i've read "Map of Bones" by James Rollins
has anyone read ?
Kattie

Postby Dixie » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:54 pm

I've just read Ken Follet's The Third Twin. Quite entertaining.
Dixie

PreviousNext

Return to Books & Authors