EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

grammar/spelling mistakes for cover letter

From academic writing to resumes and cover letters

Moderator: EC

grammar/spelling mistakes for cover letter

Postby macecyri » Fri Dec 24, 2010 3:12 pm

Hello

I need some help in order to know if there is grammar/spelling mistakes in the resume / cover letter belows.

Comments on the structure/readability are also more than welcome!!

Thanks in advance, and Merry Chrismas!!!!

Cyril

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I am a French IT engineer, currently working at Capgemini as a Telecom consultant.
I came across your website while looking for French companies operating abroad.
I have been inspired by the concept of providing services to “in-house” customers.
Besides, the variety of missions you’re operating (providing financial models, best practices for Service Delivery processes) within a multicultural and multilingual context makes me think my profile could match your values.

I had the opportunity to work on varied technologies in different customer contexts and study across different countries (please refer to my attached resume for details).
I would like to offer this experience to your projects by pursuing my career through a VIE within your company.
A VIE is an international corporate placement program for young professionals who are European Union national.
You can find more details about this program from the attached presentation form.

I would welcome any chance to discuss my ability to contribute positively to your business.
Until then, I thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Cyril XXXX
macecyri

Re: grammar/spelling mistakes for cover letter

Postby Josef » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:58 am

If I understand your letter correctly:

Dear XXXXXXXX,

I am a French IT engineer, currently working at Capgemini as a Telecom consultant. I came across your website while looking for French companies operating abroad and was inspired by your concept of providing services to “in-house” customers. The variety of missions you operate (providing financial models, best practices for Service Delivery processes) within a multicultural and multilingual context makes me think that my profile could match your values.

I have had the opportunity to work on varied technologies in different customer contexts and studies in different countries (please refer to my attached resume for details). I would like to offer this experience to your projects by pursuing my career as a VIE within your company.

A VIE is an international corporate placement program for young professionals who are European Union nationals. You can find more details about this program in the attached presentation form.

I would welcome any chance to discuss my ability to contribute positively to your business.

Until then, I thank you for your time and consideration.

Yours faithfully,

Cyril XXXX
Josef
Protector of the Boards
Protector of the Boards

Return to Writing Help