EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Do you recognize animal rights?

Post or ask for ideas and opinions about different subjects here.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Do you recognize animal rights?

Postby Vega » Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:47 pm

Hello everyone,

What are animal rights? Generally, this term implies that animals have rights to live, they cannot be considered as means of receiving food, producing garments; as a financial profit, in entertainment industry (zoo, circus) and in also in scientific experiments.

People who protect animal rights assert that an animal is not a property, but a personality. The history left us a vast array of philosophical standpoints and concepts of animal rights.

The first society for protecting animal rights was created in 1824: Society for the Prevention of Cruelty to Animals

Even a well-known Adolph Hitler forbade animal hunt and experiments in 1933. Cannot tell you whether he acted based on ethics or love towards animals. I think not, as the medical experiments had to undergo Jewish people and Gypsy children.

Do you love animals? Do you care about them? Do you see any justify of cruelty to animals?

P.S.
He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
(Immanuel Kant)
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Re: Do you recognize animal rights?

Postby sweethuman » Thu Aug 04, 2011 12:13 pm

Vega wrote:
Do you love animals? Do you care about them? Do you see any justify of cruelty to animals?

Offcourse I do, And I get very sad when I see any animal injured or hurt. These days people dont give too much priority to animals as compare to other machines/transport vehicles. you can take an example of donkeys, horses etc.

P.S.
He who is cruel to animals becomes hard also in his dealings with men. We can judge the heart of a man by his treatment of animals.
(Immanuel Kant)

Very well said and thanks for sharing dear. :-)
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Re: Do you recognize animal rights?

Postby shokin » Sat Oct 08, 2011 10:47 am

I became a bit vegetarian for some reasons linked to ecology (clean the nature) and respect for beings (they are like us and no species has more or less value ; every comparizon is only a value judgement). That's why I rarely it meat, only MSC fish.

I am not vegetalian : I regularly eat cheese and drink milk.

The best way to eat is to cook yourself your own meal with natural food, especially fruits and vegetables. Drink only water, whatever the weather. It has many advantages :

- it's safe, healthy,
- it's good, it tastes good, your tongue likes it,
- it's cheaper,
- it's your know-how you're developing,
- it's the most ecological way to cook (especially crude fruits and vegetables),
- it's amazing ! Wow ! we are able to do this ! Yes, we can ! :lol:

If you want proteins, eat fishes and lentils.

Cruelty to animals is bad... but it seems that our species is also using cruelty to itself (war, injury, insults, slaves, etc.). :shock:
shokin
Polished Diamond Member

Return to Ideas and Opinions