EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Egyptians Call for Million Man March

Let others know the latest news, or discuss it with them.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Egyptians Call for Million Man March

Postby TaraBenwell » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:31 pm

dateline: 1 February 2011 ~ Egyptians Call for Million Man March

See the above for audio story, text and words.

Discussion question: Do you think the Egyptian people have the momentum needed to bring down the government? Why or why not?
TaraBenwell

Re: Egyptians Call for Million Man March

Postby ArnauEstanyol » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:53 pm

It seems the march has been a success. The Egyptian people has had the power to convoke more than a million people. No doubt this is an unquestionable success. The aptitude of Egyptian army has been a very significant key for success and may mean the government's failure.
ArnauEstanyol
Gold Member

Postby broncholin » Mon Feb 07, 2011 4:01 pm

When asked about the Eygptian people's revolt against the government, most people say the protestors have the momentum to overthrown their president. But many other people regard this action as an useless movement. I personally think no one can deny the power from citizens, especially when the army take their side with them.
If possible, I hope moderator can point out any faults in my post. Thanks!
broncholin

Postby Vega » Mon Feb 07, 2011 5:52 pm

With the latest US claim of approval of the revolution, the Egyptians almost brought forward the win.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby broncholin » Tue Feb 08, 2011 3:45 pm

Vega wrote:With the latest US claim of approval of the revolution, the Egyptians almost brought forward the win.

According to the latest report, US government tends to preserve president Hosni Mubarak for several months. Obviously, the president refuses to step down from his position. Anyway, I take off my hat to Egyptians people.
broncholin

Postby Vega » Tue Feb 08, 2011 5:41 pm

broncholin wrote:
Vega wrote:With the latest US claim of approval of the revolution, the Egyptians almost brought forward the win.

According to the latest report, US government tends to preserve president Hosni Mubarak for several months. Obviously, the president refuses to step down from his position. Anyway, I take off my hat to Egyptians people.

Oh, really? :roll: ..I probably misheard, or either they revised their report. Sorry.
Vega
Keeper of the Board
Keeper of the Board

Postby broncholin » Wed Feb 09, 2011 3:40 pm

The Egyptian people's revolt against their dictator have caused wide public concern over the recent weeks. The protest movement doesn't seem to decline in a short time,especially when a hero appears in Tahrir square. In order to win self-esteem, it remind me that someone said : " We shall fight on the hills.
We shall fight in the streets.
We shall fight blood and sweat and tears."
broncholin

Postby Hyacinth » Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:05 pm

egypt is a very wealthy country yet 80% of egyptians live in utter poverty
egypt is a republic country yet hosni glued himself in the presidential chair for about 30 years.
hosni the dictator threatens his people to be buried underground if they just think negatively about him. no problem in torturing, killing and abusing the victims just for being suspects without evidence.
i wish the egyptians put him and his party in the underground jails that he built to punish those who opposes him by even a word.

Thanks to tunisians, they fought for their freedom, and triggered the revolts in arab world.
Hyacinth
Silver Member

Postby broncholin » Thu Feb 10, 2011 3:30 pm

Hyacinth wrote:egypt is a very wealthy country yet 80% of egyptians live in utter poverty
egypt is a republic country yet [b]hosni glued himself in the presidential chair for about 30 years.[/b].

You are telling me!
broncholin

Postby broncholin » Fri Feb 11, 2011 3:45 pm

The move against the dictators gains steam when the president claim that he will stay the position until September.
Now the problem is on which side the army will take?
NO one can deny the basic fact that the army play a crucial role.
At the same time, US government attitude have a mighty influence on the situation.
broncholin

Next

Return to Current News