Help on English vocab, including idioms, slang and sayings
What does GLACIER in “glacier sundae” mean? I found in the dictionary that SUNDAE refers to ICE-CREAM, but what about “glacier”? Please help.
Thanks a lot
- Posts: 9
- Joined: Wed Sep 08, 2010 10:12 am
- Status: Other
- A huge mass of ice slowly flowing over a land mass, formed from compacted snow in an area where snow accumulation exceeds melting and sublimation.
- a mass of ice, formed from the snow on mountains.
- Keeper of the Board
- Posts: 3062
- Joined: Tue Sep 19, 2006 2:59 pm
- Status: English Learner
In Iran we call " Iced Ice-cream " to "glacier sundae"
- Posts: 12
- Joined: Wed Mar 16, 2011 9:45 pm
- Location: Iran
- Status: English Teacher
Return to Vocabulary Help
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests