EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

Information about Norway-who knows

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

Information about Norway-who knows

Postby Melek » Sun Sep 21, 2008 11:07 am

Hi,guys.in the middle of October I am invited to Norway,to the city Stavanger.It is a one week's business trip .

I haven't been there before.May be someone has information about this city.Pls.I am waiting for your information and tips:)
Melek
Gold Member

Re: Information about Norway-who knows

Postby Cypress » Mon Sep 22, 2008 4:00 pm

Hi Melek!
I can’t tell you about Stavanger (I haven’t been there), but I can tell you a little bit about Norway in general (I went there twice already).
In the middle of October, you will need a lot of warm clothes. I went there in June/July, but even then there were many rainy and cold days, so I needed a warm jacket.
You won’t have problems communicating with people because almost everybody there speaks English.

Here is my old thread about my first trip to Norway:

viewtopic.php?f=219&t=45932

I think you gonna like Norway a lot. It’s a small country, with small cities. Life there is quite and peaceful.

God tur! :-) (pronounced “goo tewhr”, which in Norwegian means “have a nice trip”)
Cypress
Gold Member

Postby Melek » Thu Sep 25, 2008 3:18 pm

Cypress wrote:Hi Melek!
I can’t tell you about Stavanger (I haven’t been there), but I can tell you a little bit about Norway in general (I went there twice already).
In the middle of October, you will need a lot of warm clothes. I went there in June/July, but even then there were many rainy and cold days, so I needed a warm jacket.
You won’t have problems communicating with people because almost everybody there speaks English.

Here is my old thread about my first trip to Norway:

viewtopic.php?f=219&t=45932

I think you gonna like Norway a lot. It’s a small country, with small cities. Life there is quite and peaceful.

God tur! :-) (pronounced “goo tewhr”, which in Norwegian means “have a nice trip”)

ohhh Cypress ,dear,thanks a lot for your post!

I am sure that I will enjoy Norway!:)

after coming back I will share my impressions.Take care:)
Melek
Gold Member

Postby sweethuman » Tue May 31, 2011 10:21 am

Wish you have a nice and enjoyable trip plus have good acheivements from the business trip
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Adventure & Travel