EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

What's the best city around the world?

Talk about travel, tourism and your holidays.

Moderators: Vega, EC

What's the best city around the world?

Postby dariohc » Thu Nov 15, 2007 10:05 pm

According to your opinion what's the best city? Why?
dariohc

Re: What's the best city around the world?

Postby sweethuman » Tue May 31, 2011 10:28 am

I think Paris, I like to walk around the city specially at night to see the brightness and the beautiful people
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby MaryIrons » Sat Mar 22, 2014 7:47 am

Every city has its own beauty but no one can compare with the Paris i have no word for explain this city.every one of them is beautiful in their own way.Have you any other opition tell me?
MaryIrons
Silver Member

Postby sallycarter » Fri May 23, 2014 9:55 am

I also like Paris very much. Paris is an amazing city. There are so many things to do and see, i promise you will not be bored. Paris has many many things, you could take a boat ride on the Seine river, you can visit the Palace of Versailles, The Notre Dome Cathedral, The Eiffel Tower, The Arc de Triumph. Also The Louvre Museum is very amazing, it is home to Mona Lisa!!! There are also many places to shop, many cafes and dining areas. I recommend you go to a Boulangerie, it is a bakery/cafe. It has croissants and baggets. Paris is also very beautiful at night, the Eiffel Tower sparkles!!! Just look around to find amazing things to do. Have Fun, and take lots of pictures, this is a trip you will not want to forget.
sallycarter

Postby MsJen&Co » Wed May 28, 2014 11:41 am

I like Paris very much. I think I prefer Rome though - the mood is more laid-back and there is a slower pace of life. I love the history of it too!
MsJen&Co

Postby MsJen&Co » Fri May 30, 2014 1:12 pm

I love so many cities, and all for very different reasons.

Here are some cities I love:

San Francisco, USA: I grew up near San Francisco and I am still enchanted by the city, the people, the food and the scenery. It's a very unique place, but I'm sad to say that it is changing more and more with all the new tech companies moving in. :(

Seattle, USA: I have been there a few times and I fall in love with the city more and more each time. The people are some of the kindest you will ever come across in a big city and I remember walking through neighborhoods that would smell like fresh roasting coffee. The food is amazing and there are so many good American and international eateries.

York, England: I lived there for two years and although it is not big, it is very rich in history that is very visible by its big stone walls that encirlce the city. It's worth visiting if you ever go to England.

Salvador, Brazil: There is sooooooooo much culture here! The people are known for being happy and talking like they are singing. The food is great. There is dancing and parties all the time and the beaches are beautiful.
MsJen&Co

Return to Adventure & Travel