EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

a true story!!

Games, contests and jokes. Have fun!

Moderators: Vega, EC

a true story!!

Postby phucauto3 » Fri Oct 21, 2005 1:46 am

This is a true story from the Japanese Embassy in US!!! A few years ago, Prime Minister Mori was given some Basic English conversation training before he visits Washington and meets president Bill Clinton. The instructor told Mori "Prime Minister, when you shake hand with President Clinton, please say 'how are you'. Then Mr Clinton should say ?I'm fine, and you?? Now you should say 'me too'. Afterwards we, translators, will do all the work for you." It looks quite simple, but the truth is.... When Mori met Clinton, he mistakenly said "Who Are You?". Mr Clinton was a bit shocked but still managed to react with humour: "Well, I am Hilary's husband, haha...." Then Mori replied confidently "Me too,hahaha.." Then there was a long silence in the meeting room
:lol: :lol: :lol:
phucauto3
Gold Member

Postby Anahita » Fri Oct 21, 2005 10:21 am

Amazing stuff ! :lol: :lol: :lol:
Anahita
Platinum Member

Postby phucauto3 » Sun Oct 23, 2005 4:05 pm

if you doubt, please contact with Bill Clinton. He will tell you :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
phucauto3
Gold Member

Re: a true story!!

Postby sweethuman » Sun Jul 24, 2011 6:28 am

How shocking and funny :lol:
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Return to Entertainment