Need some help with letter writing!

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

katue

Need some help with letter writing!

Post by katue »

Hi, everyone! My name's Katherine and I'm new here. The thing is I'm preparing for FCE exam on my own. I don't have a teacher and I don't attend special classes so you guys are the only ones who can help me. I don't make a lot of grammar or vocabulary mistakes but I'm not so good at letter writing. So, please, if it's possible check my formal and informal letters that I post here. I will really appreciate this.
Thanks a lot,
Katherine.

LETTER 1
Task:
You have been working hard but now you want to go out for the evening with some friends. Write a letter to s friend inviting him/her to the concert or a film with you. Give details of the time and place, and say who else is coming and where you could go afterwards. Write 120-180 words.

Hi Polly,

Thank you for your letter. It was really nice to hear from you after all this time.

I've been working hard these months so I don't have much spare time. But I finally decided to relax a little and go to the Warsaw cinema. I read several film reviews and they say there is an excellent film on. It is called 'Horrible Bosses' and it's a comedy. The film starts at 8 o'clock on Saturday evening. Would you like to come along?

My husband is coming too. Actually, going to the cinema was his idea. He also suggested going to a caffee afterwards. We could go to the Chocolate House. I know it's your favourite caffee and it's close the cinema.

We meet outside the cinema entrance at 7:30. I hope you will go with us. Give me a call if you would like to come, I'll book the tickets.

Best wishes,
Kathy.
TheStephen

Re: Need some help with letter writing!

Post by TheStephen »

I've been working hard lately so I don't have much spare time, but I finally decided to relax a little and go to the Warsaw cinema.

My husband is coming too. Actually, going to the cinema was his idea. He also suggested going to a café afterwards. We could go to the Chocolate House. I know it's your favourite café and it's close the cinema.

We're planning to meet outside the cinema entrance at 7:30.

---

There you are! Good luck with your exam.
Oriani
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Need some help with letter writing!

Post by Oriani »

TheStephen wrote:I've been working hard lately so I don't have much spare time, but I finally decided to relax a little and go to the Warsaw cinema.

My husband is coming too. Actually, going to the cinema was his idea. He also suggested going to a café afterwards. We could go to the Chocolate House. I know it's your favourite café and it's close the cinema.

We're planning to meet outside the cinema entrance at 7:30.

---

There you are! Good luck with your exam.
=)