EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

"Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Monthly topics for discussion

Moderator: TalkingPoint

Re: "Marriages" between people of the same sex?

Postby sweethuman » Tue Jun 07, 2011 11:33 am

Never. totally disagree with it. The same topic is mentioned in the other sections as well and I answered in details there.
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Sonchik » Thu Jul 07, 2011 9:24 am

Well it's a quite difficult question...but from my own point of view it should be allowed,though the marriages between people of the same sex is abnormal, or to be more exact is not acceptable for.The matter is to get used to that idea...And of course it is not we who should decide others' future,destiny...I have nothing against love between people of the same sex... :-) {-;
Sonchik

Postby Flakey » Thu Jul 07, 2011 4:51 pm

Well I am against love between the same sex. It is abnormal and awfull. Goverment must prohibit such law. In my opnion such love goes opposite to our nature. Such desead people must not demonstrate feelings in society.
Flakey

Postby oudonline » Sat Jul 09, 2011 6:22 pm

marriage of the same sex! when the other sex exists, what is the reason for individuals getting married to the same sex?
oudonline

Postby Ahcene » Thu Nov 03, 2011 11:49 pm

It's against nature. The word nature speaks for itself.
Ahcene

Postby EnglishJ » Sat Nov 12, 2011 3:28 pm

Why should what some believes be imposed onto other people?
EnglishJ

Postby hilaryprk » Wed Nov 23, 2011 6:10 am

People may say “Every human has the right to marry". Well, everyone does have the right to marry, but if you prefer to have a homosexual relationship, than this right does not concern you. The law states that marriage is between a male and a female. We should not have to alter a meaning to fit the desire of everyone in the world.

It’s bad to me if same-sex marriages were to be legalized, but it seems that some children these days are being raised by homosexual parents. Homosexuals have the right to adopt a child which is erroneous in my mind. As they grow up, they might be very confused because they will see their family as much more diverse as their friends.
This might result in the child as being seen as gay, by picking up actions that are seen at home. Then, there is the aggravation towards the adolescent, concerning their parents. Children could hassle the child because of the atmosphere they are being raised in.

If someone is being raised by parents of the same gender, they would miss the needed influence of the missing gender, and can therefore affect them for the rest of their lives.

Many religions do not allow same-sex marriages based on their beliefs that it is wrong and sinful. The five major world religions: Buddhism, Christianity, Hinduism, Islam and Judaism teach that homosexual behavior is not appropriate.
hilaryprk

Postby NicoAlff » Sat May 12, 2012 2:42 am

I'm indeed astonished due to the majority answers I have read. Firstly, I could see the selfishness of each person who wrote because they only were thinking in their self.
Let me expose some opinions which are here and I’ve picked up and saying sorry to those people who I’m going to cite.
I read “It's so dangerous to your normal life in terms of scientifically and morally” (by Luc). I respect every opinion, but its non-sense saying that saw a homosexual couple married are dangerous. Is it not so more dangerous see a heterosexual couple who are married without love and even worse when they have children and they see their loveless lives?
“(…) In my own point of view I think the marriage concept is much bigger than just making sex , letus ask why people married? The answer would be :-
Firstly: to reserve the humanity this a biological answer
Secondly: to make sex
May be there is another answers but the logical question will be : what life going to be if everybody married from his/her sex??”
(by ahmedtaha)
Let see, that person are trying to say that the humanity have to follow the steps of reproduction innate because otherwise it will probably disappear. It's something ironic and impossible. There are more heterosexual people than homosexual, so it won’t ever happen, will born more straight people as homos… so don’t worry about it. ‘Secondly: to make sex’ what a pity the marriage conception you have got! Did or will you marriage because you want to get some? I can’t understand our freedom and even our rights.
I think that it has to be legal because it's not just for the meaning that marriage is, it's go beyond of a simple paper, it's a symbolism of true love (man-woman, man-man, woman-woman). We are nothing to impose strict social statement without seeing the prejudice that such things makes in other lives: suicidal tendencies, drugs, infidelity, depression, unhappiness, divorce, children with separated parents, and the majority charge with this heavy backpack (of being unacceptable) until the death.
Our children will grow up exposed to see homosexuality everywhere. I think that we have to take care of them explaining the truth: that the love is something relative and unexplored in human being.
NicoAlff

Postby lavitz » Mon May 14, 2012 7:37 am

In my point of view, marriage between people of the same sex should be legal.
First because they are absolutely like everyone else, I don't really see what if the differences between them and us, except that they love a person of the same sex, but is it a problem ? I don't think so. They are human beings, they breathe and live like us, I think that we don't have to forget it.
Then, I really think that it should be legalized because, as it has been said before, who are we to impose our will to other persons who have the same rights as us ? We should let everybody lives as he or she wants as far as he or she doesn't do harm to others.
Many persons seem to forget that we live in a democracy, and that even if we don't have the same status, the same life and the same habits, we share the same air and the same planet.
Everyone has the control of his or her life. We should be equal in every domain.
lavitz

Postby Ilove » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Same sex marriages should be illegitimate because it is wrong. Homosexual individuals should not disobey God. They should love themselves instead of hurting themselves.
Just curious why do some people feel hopeless and disappointed on the opposite sex and become homosexual anyway? We cannot use one person or a group of people to determine the rest of the opposite gender. =)
Ilove

PreviousNext

Return to Talking Point Discussion