Correct choice of verb

Members help members on grammar, vocab, pronunciation...

Moderator: EC

tamguatlay
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Correct choice of verb

Post by tamguatlay »

Dear Josef

I posted the following question at the Grammar Section, but it was disallowed on the grounds that I have asked a similar question before. However, I have checked and nowhere could I find a similar question posted. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with the question.

True Buddha Nichiren Daishonin had infused / has infused /infused His life into the Gohonzon. (The Gohonzon is the object of worship in Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. Its followers believe that the Gohonzon has the life of Nichiren Daishonin's (the founder) life in it because, like Jesus, although He is no more in this world He is believed to be omnipresent.

My question is which boldfaced verb should I use? I think it should be 'has infused' because it remains a fact that His life has been infused into the Gohonzon. (the object of worship).

Am I correct?

Miss Tam
tamguatlay
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Re: Correct choice of verb

Post by tamguatlay »

Dear Josef,

Could you please help with my English question I posted earlier.

Many thanks.

Merry Christmas to you.

Miss Tam
sdluk

Post by sdluk »

True Buddha Nichiren Daishonin has infused His life into the Gohonzon.
tamguatlay
Top Contributor
Top Contributor

Post by tamguatlay »

Dear Josef

Could you please confirm that Sdluk has given the correct answer?

Many thanks for your help.
JCloninger

Post by JCloninger »

tamguatlay wrote:Dear Josef

I posted the following question at the Grammar Section, but it was disallowed on the grounds that I have asked a similar question before. However, I have checked and nowhere could I find a similar question posted. I would appreciate it very much if you could help me with the question.

True Buddha Nichiren Daishonin had infused / has infused /infused His life into the Gohonzon. (The Gohonzon is the object of worship in Nichiren Daishonin's Buddhism. Its followers believe that the Gohonzon has the life of Nichiren Daishonin's (the founder) life in it because, like Jesus, although He is no more in this world He is believed to be omnipresent.

My question is which boldfaced verb should I use? I think it should be 'has infused' because it remains a fact that His life has been infused into the Gohonzon. (the object of worship).

Am I correct?

Miss Tam

Yes, you are correct: "has infused".