EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

The Programmer and the Engineer

Games, contests and jokes. Have fun!

Moderators: Vega, EC

The Programmer and the Engineer

Postby yuanzheng » Sun Nov 28, 2004 5:59 pm

A Programmer and an Engineer were sitting next to each other on an airplane. The Programmer leans over to the Engineer and asks if he wants to play a fun game. The Engineer just wants to sleep so he politely declines, turns away and tries to sleep. The Programmer persists and explains that it's a real easy game. He explains, "I ask a question and if you don't know the answer you pay me $5. Then you ask a question and if I don't know the answer I'll pay you $5." Again the Engineer politely declines and tries to sleep.

The Programmer, now somewhat agitated, says, "O.K., if you don't know the answer you pay me $5 and if I don't know the answer I pay you $50! " Now, that got the Engineer's attention, so he agrees to the game. The Programmer asks the first question, "What's the distance from the earth to the moon?" Then Engineer doesn't say a word and just hands the Programmer $5.

Now, its the Engineer's turn. He asks the Programmer, "What goes up a hill with three legs and comes down on four?" The Programmer looks at him with a puzzled look, takes out his laptop computer, looks through all his references and after about an hour wakes the Engineer and hands the Engineer $50. The Engineer politely takes the $50 turns away and tries to return to sleep.

The Programmer, a little miffed, asks, "Well what's the answer to the question?" Without a word, the Engineer reaches into his wallet, hands $5 to the Programmer, turns away and returns to sleep.
love peace ,love life
yuanzheng

Postby Dixie » Sun Nov 28, 2004 6:01 pm

Hahahhahaha :lol: I knew that one but with different characters... a blonde and a lawyer, I think :D
Dixie
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006
Miss EnglishClub.com 2006

Postby tigory » Thu Dec 02, 2004 7:48 pm

hahahahah I would have done the same hahahahaha
a man with no dreams is not a man
tigory
Silver Member

Postby Asep » Fri Dec 03, 2004 1:08 pm

The programmer got trapped by his own scheme. :)
Asep
Gold Member

Re: The Programmer and the Engineer

Postby sweethuman » Thu Sep 15, 2011 11:36 am

:lol:
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Timberlake » Thu Sep 22, 2011 10:05 am

Awesome man....
Timberlake

Postby Tofayelbd » Sat Dec 17, 2011 3:14 pm

Generally engineers are talented.
Tofayelbd

Postby magicbeans » Wed Dec 28, 2011 12:34 pm

The main difference between programmer and engineer is that programmer play a most important role or handles coding module of project but engineer may be any field software engineer,testing engineer etc,
magicbeans

Return to Entertainment