EnglishClub
Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub Home Learn English Teach English MyEnglishClub

Please note that these ESL Forums are NOT part of MyEnglishClub. To post at these ESL Forums please register ↑ first.

best and effective way to reduce weight

This forum combines the former Food & Drink and Health & Fitness forums. Post your ideas here!

Moderators: Dixie, EC

Re: best and effective way to reduce weight

Postby sweethuman » Wed Aug 24, 2011 4:03 am

Dear Tobiass,
You can try the below:
Drinking more water
Excercise
Eating less particularly at night/Dinner
Dont eat more sweets
Drink more green tea, if you can, it is very effective in losing weight and so on...
sweethuman
Rough Diamond Member

Postby danielwelsch » Mon Aug 29, 2011 2:56 pm

Eliminate sugars. You can eat fruit, but anything with sugar or high fructose corn syrup is only empty calories, and eventually leads to obesity.
danielwelsch

Postby nguyentap » Wed Oct 12, 2011 8:39 pm

Hi, you can eat much in ar breakfast and lunch. But eat less in dinner, you can even eat only fruits, or sweet potato in dinner. Sweet potato is very good for health.

And more important, exercise regularly! Skipping and sit-up are two efficient ways to eliminate calories from your body. Hope you will be successful!
nguyentap

Postby willsenaaa » Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:50 pm

you can lunch more, and lunch time u have just taken a fruits and vegetables. and more to walking and exercise regularly, don't eat more sweets and fast foods. potato is very good for health.....
willsenaaa

Postby trainingnait » Mon Dec 26, 2011 2:52 am

I want to reduce weight but i do only exercise twice a week so my weight not reduce any more.
I think I should to eat less and reduce snack and sugar.
trainingnait

Postby Noora » Sun Jun 03, 2012 5:48 am

in my viewpoint reducing your meal quantity is the best way to reduce your weight
Noora

Postby Oriani » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:12 pm

Let me tell you my own experience:
I cut down the sugar, junk food and coffee ( just a cup of coffee in the mornings and that's it). I have 4-5 meals daily: breakfast, lunch, I have some snacks in the afternoons such as yogurt or cereal and then I have dinner before 7:00 pm. (Oh, I don't drink alcohol, that helps).

On the other hand, I started going to the gym; I work out 3-4 days per week ( two hours routine) and most of all, I am a very patient person. At least it works for me. I have lost 12 Kilograms since January =)
Best regards.
Oriani
Miss EnglishClub.com 2007

Postby Hardi » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:02 pm

Oriani wrote:Let me tell you my own experience:
I cut down the sugar, junk food and coffee ( just a cup of coffee in the mornings and that's it). I have 4-5 meals daily: breakfast, lunch, I have some snacks in the afternoons such as yogurt or cereal and then I have dinner before 7:00 pm. (Oh, I don't drink alcohol, that helps).

On the other hand, I started going to the gym; I work out 3-4 days per week ( two hours routine) and most of all, I am a very patient person. At least it works for me. I have lost 12 Kilograms since January =)
Best regards.

12 Kilograms! How come u lost so much, when I've gained two or tree kilograms since January. Actually I gained two and lost one, so I gained one since January. I think.. But because I've gained seven kilograms by last one and half year something. I still need to lose seven to ten kilograms of fat. Would you take mine away too, together with yours, while you're at this anyways? :P

Well. I've trying to lose some by consuming less fat.. fat have the most Calories... I think it had tree times more for a gram than sugar had. And I exercise. Bicycling.. it works.. somewhat. I have to be very patient. ^_^
Hardi
Rough Diamond Member

Postby Oriani » Fri Jul 13, 2012 6:03 pm

Hardi wrote:
Oriani wrote:Let me tell you my own experience:

Best regards.

12 Kilograms! How come u lost so much, when I've gained two or tree kilograms since January. Actually I gained two and lost one, so I gained one since January. I think.. But because I've gained seven kilograms by last one and half year something. I still need to lose seven to ten kilograms of fat. Would you take mine away too, together with yours, while you're at this anyways? :P

Well. I've trying to lose some by consuming less fat.. fat have the most Calories... I think it had tree times more for a gram than sugar had. And I exercise. Bicycling.. it works.. somewhat. I have to be very patient. ^_^

Well, I know it is hard but you must want this, you must be disciplined and patient in order to lose weight. That's what I have done so far =)
Oriani

Postby reindeer » Fri Jul 13, 2012 7:41 pm

May I ask you how I can gain weight? I have many times been said that I am too slim. A slim son of slim parents. Genes :-( I would like to be fat and cheery...
reindeer
Gold Member

Next

Return to Food & Fitness